Job Title: Landfill Gas Plant Operator
Location: Humble, Texas
Reports To: Facility Manager
Job Description: Participates in the operation and maintenance activities of a landfill gas processing plant as directed by the Facility Manager. Strives to achieve high standards of safety and environmental integrity while maintaining maximum processing production.
• Responsible for daily operations, maintenance, and repair, including daily logs, preventive maintenance tasks, and reporting requirements.
• Perform and assist with inspection and overhaul activities.
• Perform equipment inspection, maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and diagnoses of plant equipment and systems.
• Partner with landfill technicians to extract landfill gas in a proper, safe, reliable, and efficient manner.
• Oversee (and to the extent necessary participate with) subcontractors in the performance of equipment service work, and in overhaul activities as required.
• Minimum 3+ years’ equipment operations experience using mechanical, electrical, instrument or control system skills.
• High School or GED; technical training school.
• Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel.
• Strong verbal, written, computer communication and organization skills.
• Ability to interact positively and effectively in a team environment.
• Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
• Flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs.
• Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities.
• Natural or landfill gas wellfield experience.
• Occasional lifting or moving heavy materials.
• Ability to use a variety of tools.
• Ability to walk over uneven terrain.
Equipment Service Management And Rental
Complex Problem Solving