At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
Working from our Arlington, VA office, our Electrical Engineers provide technically complex and robust power distribution systems to support mission-critical environments, including expansive back-up power, UPS systems, SCADA systems, and grounding systems. You will be exposed to and become proficient in overall power system architecture, fault analysis, and Uptime requirements. Additional requirements include power system planning, power distribution system design, short circuit analysis, coordination studies, arc flash studies, lighting design, grounding system design, lightning protection system design, and construction administration services.
- Design and perform calculations for power distribution system design.
- Perform short circuit analysis, coordination studies, and arc flash analysis using ETAP or SKM software.
- Perform lighting system design and lighting controls system design, including analysis of systems using lighting software.
- Prepare load analysis for initial and ongoing stages of design.
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed utilizing AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Prepare basis of design analyses and reports for each project.
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms.
- Select equipment and fixtures .
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (EE focus)
- US Citizenship
- Entry to Senior level experience in the design of building electrical systems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Secret security clearance
- 10%-15% travel time expected with occasional trips of 1 to 2 weeks, including international travel
Ideally, you'll also have:
- TS security clearance
- PE licensure
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Construction Management