Arkema has established itself as France’s leading chemical producer and a world leader in specialty chemicals and advanced materials. With annual sales of €8.8 billion and 20,000 people employed in some 55 countries, the Group pursues ambitious recruitment objectives both in France and around the world. Arkema offers diverse employment opportunities in 200 job functions and professions in four major fields: industrial, R&D, business, and support functions.
Reaching far beyond your discoveries!
Regarded as one of the world’s leading innovators, Arkema has made research one of the pillars of its strategy. For example by discovering new solutions to help reduce the weight of materials, hence cut down consumption. By developing innovative thermal insulation systems that can optimize the energy performance of buildings. Or by seeking new applications for its biosourced products at the service of greater sustainable development.
Innovative and durable solutions
Our high performance products have applications in wide-ranging areas, from new generation car batteries or telephones to recyclable wind turbine blades, from adhesives for the protective backsheets of solar panels to drinking water filtration systems, from running shoes and acrylic resins with no solvent and no volatile organic compound for 3D printing to molecular sieves for portable oxygen devices used by people suffering from respiratory failure… Joining Arkema means being part of a Group enjoying sustained growth that in little more than a decade has built up an exemplary achievement record, setting high ambitions for itself and for its employees. All our job opportunities are open to people with disabilities at equal merit or with equal skill levels.
The Technical Sales Engineer is under the authority of the Technical Manager Oil & Gas, but also has a functional relationship with the Oil& Gas Business Director.
He/She belongs to the “Projects Cell” (typically 2-4 engineers). This entity follows-up our adsorbents business with the Engineering Companies involved in studies and constructions of new plants (natural gas, petrochem, refining, etc…), on a worldwide basis.
This work is referred to as “Project” activity, and is strategic, as being a major source of new business (500 to 2000 MT/yr; 1.2 to 5 M€). It mainly includes engineering work (adsorption units design and technical recommendations), plus all the commercial aspects of such technical sales (marketing, negotiation, customer follow-up, visits, etc…).
In addition to that, He/she brings technical assistance to the worldwide commercial network (Area Managers, Distributors).
Some Technical Sales Engineers O&G are also responsible the development of a commercial zone.
For all installed units in the zone of responsibility, the Technical Sales Engineer will develop and prospect new customers, provide technical and commercial offers in response to RFQs, and provide technical assistance to his/her customers. The Technical Sales Engineer will also handle all relations with the distributors in the zone ( including but not limited to sales objectives, contracts renewals, …).
The Technical Sales Engineer O&G has the following activities :
Manages his/her Project/ Sales work
- In charge of a portfolio of several Projects, prepares technical and commercial offers to Engineering firms (including organizing contract and commercial conditions reviews with Legal, Finance, and Sales Administration dpts).
- Follows-up each Project (updates, technical questions, customers and prospects follow-up).
- When a Project is won (Purchase Order), follows-up with Sales Administration, and provides technical documentation.
- Participates to associated services (unit performance follow-up, loading assistance when required, etc…)
- Registers each project in our systems (CRM, network, Projects follow-up chart, etc…)
Assists the commercial network
- Assists the Area Managers and the Distributors when technical backup or study is required.
- Fulfills all kind of action that can facilitate Area Managers connections with headquarters dpt, R&D, etc…
Develops his/her commercial zone
For all installed units in the zone of responsibility:
- develops and prospects new customers, provides technical and commercial offers in response to RFQs, and provides technical assistance to his/her customers.
- handles all relations with the distributors in the zone ( including but not limited to sales objectives, contracts renewals)
Participate to commercial studies, marketing and benchmarking activities
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Technology and commercial watch: gets information from the market and prospects and share it
- Participates to salons and conferences (Gas Processor’s Association, Gastech, others…)
- Visits, when needed, customers and prospects in order to enhance ARKEMA recognition, provide training, etc…
- Participates to ARKEMA products and services marketing and benchmarking.
Master degree level
Process Engineer with minimum of 5 years experience.
A specialization in Oil & Gas is a plus.
Excellent sense of organization and rigor are of essence Knowledge of the Oil & Gas markets and main technical aspects Understanding of business basics, interest in commercial aspects Fluent in reading, understanding and speaking English
Fluency in another language will be appreciated
Available to travel up to 20% of the time (short 1-2 days and up to full weeks travels)
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Genetics, Sales Engineer, Engineer, Coating, Science, Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing
- Technical Sales
- Sales Engineering
- Benchmarking (Project Management)