The Specialist II, General Ledger is responsible for the processing of all Intercompany transactions (in compliance with GAAP and CP&P), including intercompany receipts allocation (netting and non-netting), reconciliation of the netting account and AR recharge account, and raising of manual recharges.
In addition, he/she will be responsible in ensuring outstanding intercompany receivables are collected within the period prescribed in the Intercompany policy and ensure proper reporting of balances between Emerson Entities.
Duty 1: Intercompany credit control
- Chases for the payment of long overdue accounts by sending follow up emails to the Accounts payable contacts.
- Identifies/reviews and resolves invoicing issues
- Escalates to the Regional Accountant or next level manager any non-responsive Accounts Payable POC
- Validate and resolves minor disputes (example: wrong currency used in invoice, incorrectly billed company), by recommending corrective actions to the appropriate site POCs.
- Resolves major disputes (pricing issues, product quality concern, etc.) by acting as the intermediary between the accounts payable contact (or purchaser) and the sales team
Duty 2: Intercompany Recharges
- Generates the cost center balances for recharge for the period and prepares the draft of the invoices
- Validates dispute by checking the records and supporting documents for accuracy
- Identifies/reviews and resolves invoicing issues
- Reviews and sends the invoice drafts to the Regional accountants and site POC for approval.
- Books Cost center invoices into Oracle once approved and send to the accounts payable site contact
- Raises disputes on the invoices to the issuing site Point of contact and Regional accountant
- Reconciles and analyzes the transactions of the Accounts Receivable suspense account to determine the items for cross charging
- Recommends resolution for aged items with incomplete details, without Intercompany partners code, missing backups and disputed charges
- Collates and gathers required back up for the invoice.
Duty 3: Intercompany Cash Application
- Extracts/receives bank statement from the banking website
- Matches payment details against open invoices
- Analyzes, qualifies, and completes netting application.
- Request details from Accounts Payable point of contact for unidentified payment
- Applies payment received to open invoices
- Verifies completeness of the netting application/ Consolidates applied invoices
- Validates data for consistency
- Analyze and provides input for exception items during cash application
- Resolves issues/concerns regarding invoice issues contacts to customers, Site Finance, Business Units. Serves as point of escalation and generates remarks on Accounts Receivable Report
- Develops and Implements error-proofing method to ensure all transactions are booked accurately
Duty 4: Reporting and Reconciliation
- Reconciles the Netting receivable and payable balance by verifying discrepancies, and proposing solutions for reconciling items.
- Prepares and post the journal entry related to the identified reconciling items (bank charges, forex difference, cash pool transactions)
- Communicates with Site POC and Accounts payable contact any reconciling item in the netting reconciliation
- Escalates resolution of outstanding reconciling items based on escalation matrix if no response is received from the POC
- Secures approval from the site finance heads and approvers for the issuance of credit/debit note to offset, approval of variance to pay etc.
- Prepares KPI reports/charts from requirement provided by stakeholders
Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or any Accounting related courses
Job Related Experience:
At least 3 years work experience in general accounting or audit.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications with background in MS Outlook.
• Proficient in using ERP applications.
• Knowledgeable in Internal control.
• Knowledgeable with GAAP.
• English Communication skills (oral & written)
• Analytical Skills
• Attention to details skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to follow detailed workflow and instructions
• Time/Work management skillsAbout Emerson
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles