Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Senior Manager will lead development efforts for distributed front of the meter (FTM) projects working alongside Business Development, Sales, and Project Execution, such as proposal generation, development agreement negotiations, site control and permitting; and lead select municipal/coop development activities.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
Who You Are:
- Lead market development activities for distribution-level, front-of-the meter (so called “Behind the Grid”) storage projects, where Enel X can leverage its C&I storage capabilities to develop multi-MW scale growth opportunities. This includes market research and sizing, identification of priority regions and utility targets, evaluation of competitive landscape, business case and offer development, and refinement of go-to-market approach.
- Determine technical requirements for Behind the Grid projects in target markets and lead engagement with Product Management to ensure technology roadmap for DER.OS and broader platform plans are consistent with market needs.
- Work with utility business development and channel management teams to engage with prospective clients and potential development partners.
- Lead proposal and commercial offer development for DER utility bids, and for partner-led utility-focused opportunities; track available utility tenders; ensure registration for tender notification; coordinate bid/no-bid decision with other product lines
- Proactively originate and engage with prospective utility targets, determined by go-to-market strategy, and develop business cases / proposals for their specific situations.
- Lead EXNA project development efforts for FTM and special, complex projects (working alongside BD, Sales, E&C), that are not covered by typical development and project management scope.
What Enel Offers You:
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in energy space / business development / project development
- Experience with project development, financial modelling, proposal writing, energy storage and/or microgrid experience
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Up to 25% of domestic travel and 0% of international travel
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Business Development
- Product Management
- Marketing Strategies
- Market Development
- Market Research