Air Products is a world-leading industrial gases company developing, engineering, building, owning and operating many of the world's largest industrial gas plants.
Excellence in Environment, Health and Safety performance is a long-established key core value within the Air Products culture. We’re searching for an experienced individual to join our EHS&Q team in the Oman. The role holder will provide timely, accurate and pertinent EHS support to facilitate the implementation of the company's EHS Management System and for compliance with national legislation across the Industrial Gases business.
Success in this position is dependent on strong interpersonal and influencing skills, backed by sound operational and technical credibility, initiative, hands on mentality, implementing change, together with an appreciation of people
, as well as the products, processes, markets and businesses served.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provision of timely, accurate and relevant EHS specialist advice and site support including
- Provision of on-site support to operating facilities during critical operations e.g. during major projects, complex shutdown activities or major modifications.
- Delivering training in accordance with EHS&Q objectives
- Providing EHS support to long term contract companies and their staff
- Providing ongoing BSP behavioural safety coaching and assessment
- Facilitating the implementation of new or revised Global or local company EHS Standards and training materials; to participate in the revision of the material
- Assisting Line Management to ensure all incidents are adequately investigated and effective corrective actions are implemented. For High Significance incidents engaging personally and directly with Root Cause investigation teams.
- Developing bespoke risk assessments necessitated by high risk activity or by deviation from established base policy, working with Process Safety and Central Technical resources as required.
- Working with the commercial, engineering and marketing teams to ensure that new products, applications and initiatives comply with Company standards and legislation.
- Developing safety initiatives to address trends in incident or safety data.
- Participating in the EHS self-assessment and audit process and assisting Line Management to identify and implement preventive or corrective actions arising from those audits.
- Monitoring and interpreting new and emerging legislation, and industry codes of practice that impact on existing (and where advised, on future potential) Industrial Gases activities.
- Providing support in the implementation of Quality processes to meet the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO/ FSSC 22000
- Assist stakeholders in developing quality objectives based corporate Quality Policy and support in the implementation process.
- Monitor progress in the quality plan and assure all related initiatives are implemented on time.
- Prepare and participate in the quality and management review meetings and support stakeholders to implement quality management system accordingly.
- Ensure internal audits conducted NC’s/observation are implemented
- To follow up on complaints process and ensure proper close out for nonconformities or observations.
- To coordinate with all stakeholders for any third parties’ audits such as ISO certification.
- Ensure that company third party accreditations are obtained and maintained.
Skills and Experience
- EH&S Qualification Degree or NEBOSH diploma
- Experience working in an EHS&Q role within a relevant technical/engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Engineering degree/qualification is highly desirable
- Demonstrable involvement in leadership of behavioural safety
- In depth understanding of 1-2 specialisms to include ergonomics, pressure systems, Process Safety Management, working at heights, PPE or confined spaces
- Certification in and experience of dangerous goods expertise is advantageous
- Thorough understanding of the majority of the following areas: Plant operations, packages gases, distribution, engineering and maintenance
- Lead auditor for ISO 9001 or ISO/FSSC 22000 will be advantageous
- Experience in Quality Management system and processes
- Possess critical thinking skills and has the ability to build trust and confidence with frontline workers, supervisors and management.
- Confident and assertive with self-motivated approach and flexible attitude. Has the ability to overcome obstacles to solve problems & achieve results. Can cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- A personal commitment to corporate values & objectives and towards a culture of continuous improvement.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm about his/her mission. To respect and work positively with others and create a workplace that is inclusive which generates credibility & confidence in others.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, preferably in Arabic and English. Multi-lingual capability is an advantage. Excellence in influencing
We offer competitive salary, attractive company pension and more… Air Products are committed to diversity and belonging. We welcome all applicants and actively pursue a policy of anti-discrimination both within the recruiting process and the workplace. To apply: Please submit your application with CV attached
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring