Are you looking for a new challenge and want to play a role in the energy transition?
For several consecutive years, Luminus has been elected Top Employer - a title of which we are very proud. We are today looking for a Energy Optimisation Expert for our Optimisation department.
The number one challenger in the Belgian energy market, Luminus generates electricity and provides energy and energy services. Luminus is number one in onshore wind and hydropower in Belgium. Luminus also plays a key role in Belgium's security of supply with several natural gas-fired power plants that compensate for the fluctuating nature of solar and wind power. With an installed capacity of 2,352 MW in February 2022, it represents about 10% of the country's total installed capacity. Luminus sells electricity, gas, and energy services to private and business customers, with a market share of about 24%. We are investing to meet the energy challenges of the future by offering our customers innovative energy efficiency solutions and are continuing our developments in renewable energy. Luminus has almost 2,300 employees. The majority of them dedicate their time to the development of energy efficiency and renewable energy services. For the tenth year in a row, our company is ranked among the 84 Belgian companies elected Top Employer. Luminus benefits from a strong local presence and the expertise of the EDF Group, one of the major players in the global energy sector. More information on www.Luminus.be.
[ Link removed ]
Our Optimisation department is a young and dynamic team, eager to respond to market changes and ready for the future, wherein people are encouraged to be curious and innovative in a positive atmosphere. The department is responsible for balancing our gas and electricity portfolio and maximizing the value of our assets in the market.
As part of our Optimisation department, our Business Development team develops and coordinates transversal projects in preparation for future energy landscape management.
Within the team, the Senior Energy Optimisation Expert will be responsible for the economic analysis and modeling of the different business cases of Luminus, mainly on Generation projects. In addition, he/she is responsible for the negotiation and commercial follow-up of contracts with trading companies.
As a Senior Energy Optimisation Expert, you will be responsible for :
- Developing and maintaining economic valuation models for different types of upstream investment within Luminus.
- Developing and maintaining information on medium and long-term energy price forecasts.
- Validating the economic evaluation of the projects presented in the "Upstream Committee" and/or the "Investment Committee" in close collaboration with the services of Wind Development and Project Development
- Contributing actively to the establishment of assumptions as part of the long-term market price forecasting exercise in the EDF group.
- Participating in various working groups within EDF concerning topics related to fundamentals.
- Following and analyzing developments in the energy market and support mechanisms (green certificates, capacity market ...) in collaboration with the Regulatory and Strategy & Innovation service.
- Modeling of support mechanisms
- Contributing to other projects within the Business Development team :
- Research and innovation projects related to the valorization of the flexibility of new technologies: electrical vehicles, hydrogen production, batteries… but also on the development of microgrids, P2P communities,...
- Monitor the evolution of the market rules with your colleagues of the Regulatory Affairs department. You defend our interests in external workgroups, evaluate the impact of any changes, formulate recommendations, if required, and transfer this knowledge to the teams concerned.
- Coordination of the implementation of new Short Term optimization tools to answer to the regulatory changes
- Negotiation and commercial follow-up of contracts with green energy producers or trading companies.
- Develop new products and tailor-made solutions to answer the needs of other departments (B2C, B2B, Wind) in a fast-changing energy landscape, for example, Corporate PPAs, Flexibility contracts, …
Training and Experience
- Master’s degree in engineering or commercial sciences with an affinity in one or more of the following domains: the energy market, project management, and innovative solutions in the energy sector.
- 2-3 years of experience in the energy business.
- Keen interest in the gas, electricity, and certificates markets.
- Experience in modeling is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- An interest in innovation or the development of emerging activities is an asset.
- Team player, Innovative, Organised, Critical thinker, Customer Oriented
- Business Development
- Critical Thinking