Location: Bristol / flexible (can work from home)
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a [ Link removed ] , we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You’ll be working as part of the Digital Services Team at OVO Energy where our key focus is to place the customer at the heart of everything we do. At OVO, we are committed to supporting more of our customers in the digital world.
We were also recently awarded Silver in the Best Place to Work (Great Large Employer category) at the European Contact Centre and Customer Service Awards!
What will I be doing?
Our Digital Services Team answers all types of customer queries via OVO’s social channels, with a timely and knowledgeable response that takes ownership of resolving the issue on first contact. We work closely with the Brand Social team to manage interactions with advocates and key online influencers to help promote the OVO brand and drive customer loyalty, by delivering outstanding service through our social media. We also interact with our customers via the TrustPilot review platform, to help anyone that needs it and to show our appreciation for our biggest fans.
Key responsibilities include:
Is this the job for me?
- Training, developing and coaching Digital Service Agents to reach their full potential in delivering excellent customer service as efficiently as possible.
- Monitoring work completed by Digital Service Agents to ensure all communications to customers are of the highest quality.
- Reviewing the productivity of Digital Service Agents using daily performance statistics.
- Always be striving to improve our CSAT & NPS scores through coaching and leadership.
- Solving escalated customer queries, ensuring satisfactory resolution ● Applying performance and conduct management procedures as necessary to ensure underperformance is addressed and eradicated. ● Actively review and respond to any customer that needs help or advice via our social channels using our social engagement tools Gnatta and Conversocial.
- Ensure each response is timely and knowledgeable, while putting the customer at the forefront of each decision.
- Support the wider Social Resolution team in delivering against our critical metrics.
- Ensure all interactions are logged efficiently (where relevant) to support performance and key contact drivers.
- Find opportunities for new members to join or switch to OVO. ● Monitor TrustPilot daily to ensure we are contacting any member that needs our support and to thank and engage with our biggest advocates. ● Ensure all process guides and supporting documentation for the Social Resolution team are kept up to date.
- Identify risks and work with the Brand Social team to agree on the right course of action.
- Be an active promoter of our Plan Zero vision and strategy
You’ll need to have a minimum of 12 months as a Team Leader and ideally experience of leading a Digital team. You will have a good understanding of what it’s like to work in a contact centre and the kind of pressure your team will face.
It would be brilliant if you have worked in the energy industry previously but it is not essential. You’ll need to be passionate about customer service and Social Media and be able to put yourself in our customer’s shoes and do what is right for them.
We also would like you to be flexible, reliable and keen to muck in with the rest of the team. We’ll give you all the training you need, as well as ongoing development and support.
Our Digital Services team opening hours are from 8am-8pm Monday-Thursday, 8am- 6:15pm on Fridays and on weekends from 9am-5pm so working hours are based on these times.
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the [ Link removed ] on our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] . We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!
- Loyalty Programs
- Customer Service