COMMISSIONING SUPERVISOR SUBSTATIONS LEAD ISOLATION AUTHORITY
Functional coordination of construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning teams in respect of (de-) energisation and isolation of electrical equipment.
The scope of the position covers the coordination of the (de-) energisation and isolation of all electrical equipment during construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning works at site to ensure the works are completed on time and in a safe way.
As there are several parties involved such as the E&I contractor, E&I subcontractors, piping contractors, as many of the installations will be in different statuses of construction, pre-commissioning or commissioning, detailed coordination is mandatory.
Essential part of this coordination is the management of isolation and safety procedures. The E&I commissioning supervisor/Lead Isolation Authority will be the single point of contact (SPOC) for this.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the final build within the substations and related loads
- Have a detailed knowledge of intermediate construction/pre-comm/comm statuses of all electrical equipment on-site.
- Act as the General Isolation Authority coordinating all preparation and coordination of safety permits and de-energisation and isolation operations of electrical equipment at site
- Participate to planning and coordination meetings in respect of the works in the substations and at site.
- Assistance in coordination of the local activities of construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning personnel
- Acting as a local SPOC in the substations towards the different departments such as engineering, construction, commissioning and maintenance.
- Transfer of operation, safe (de-)energisation and isolation knowledge towards the maintenance and operations departments that will take over the installation.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of LoTo procedures and electrical safety.
- Issue near miss reports when appropriate
- Conduct observation tours throughout the construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning period.
- Have in-depth knowledge of high voltage and low voltage systems.
- Large experience in operations of electrical systems
- Thorough worker with extensive organisational skills.
- Persuasive and strong personality
- Good communication skills.
- Mastering English language in detail
- Self-motivated with ability to supervise and motivate a small team.
- High ethical standards
Languages spoken - Dutch (required), English (Required)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.