The Wind Plant Manager manages day to day operations and maintenance of a utility scale wind power plant. This includes
development and compliance with an operating budget, outage coordination and scheduling with the interconnect entity, scheduling
coordinator and trading desk, oversight of operations and maintenance to ensure work is carried out using Prudent Utility Practices.
• Strict management and compliance of all company and project environmental, health and safety
• Contribute to site safety performance improvement by holding workers and themselves accountable for safety. Participate in and promote job/work package safety analysis, job site safety observations, audits, safety meetings, safety training, injury/event assessment, and investigation/root cause analysis.
• Ensure the plant provides maximum availability/reliability in a safe, economical, and proactive manner by providing direction and supervision to plant personnel.
• Increase asset optimization and plant profitability within engineering design parameters, in conformance with approved procedures and plant permits.
• Participate/lead in the development and revision of site procedures ensuring input from subject matter experts.
• Manage performance of work teams through clear communication of expectations, engaging team in work completion and process improvement.
• Both Oversees crews and participates in performing operations, maintenance, and warranty activities of all plant equipment, ensuring compliance with manufacturers' requirements.
• Provide leadership that encourages use of new plant information technology as well as an integrated learning approach to work.
• Communicate regularly with all personnel to ensure satisfaction of internal/external customer requirements.
• Ensure required regulatory and technical training is identified and completed for the work team and self, including applicable qualifications. Hold team accountable for attending, participating, and applying training.
• Coach and develop team personnel.
• Plan outages and day-to-day activities. Ensure execution of daily work schedule.
• Conduct staffing and selection process for work team positions. Manage and participate in site workforce planning activities. Conduct performance evaluations and any disciplinary related activities.
• Participate in or lead business unit improvement initiatives.
• Read schematics to troubleshoot complicated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems with variable pitch, variable speed control systems and components.
• Assist with the mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers' requirements.
• Responsible for managing site inventory and work orders. Responsibilities include setting inventory levels, ensure cycle counts are completed on-time, work orders are entered timely and accurately, audits are completed, and inventory is accurate.
• Responsible for managing to plant budget and optimizing plant P&L.
Skills and Requirements
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
5+ years industrial maintenance and/or operations leadership experience (energy industry preferred, but not required)
Our Selection Process
Ability to climb 80+ meter steel towers 1-10 times per week or as needed. This would require adherence with weight and
fitness requirements per safety gear limits and EHS guidelines.
Unwavering commitment to supporting a safe, incident-free work environment
Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
Excellent relationship and communication skills with an emphasis on building community, fostering teams, establishing
trust and building engagement.
Intermediate to advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and
reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
Valid driver’s license.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
Technical trade education or certification and/or industrial process plant experience preferred
5+ years directly managing employees preferred
Prior plant operations and maintenance experience a strong plus
Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems as it relates to the onsite SCADA, Substation, collection systems and
Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging
Experience in high voltage maintenance and switching.
Experience establishing and improving preventative maintenance programs.
Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Additional Success Factors
Demonstrated ability to make sound judgement and recommendations for action
Ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed reporting structure, preferably at an international company.
Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment
with typically tight schedules and demanding targets.
Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with subordinates, co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam,
background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a
credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance,
Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR)
check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an
individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that countryCompany Information
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ]
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ]
- Agile Methodology
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Control Systems