The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist will develop and implement programs, practices, and procedures to achieve a Zero Total Recordable Rate and ensure the location is compliant with all applicable regulations. In this role you will establish and drive engagement in the safety culture through safety training, risk assessments, and behavior modification programs. You will also design and implement procedures to reduce hazardous and nonhazardous waste, monitor and analyze EHS trends, and continuously improve on programs to achieve operational goals. AS AN EHS SPECIALIST, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Consult and advise the organization concerning site EHS policies, providing technical support and regulatory interpretation on EHS matters, including EHS/LP laws and regulations as well as Company policies, standards, guidelines, and goals.
- Stay current on safety and environmental technical and regulatory issues.
- Conduct EHS/LP audits and inspections to assure that management systems are in place and the location is compliant with all laws, regulations and company policies.
- Create and maintain EHS Management System documentation.
- Analyze and report on key EHS performance metrics to measure progress and trends
- Develop Job Safety Analysis, Lockout Tagout Procedures, and Machine Risk Assessments for current and new jobs.
- Develop and coordinate energy, water, and green house gas reduction projects.
- Report quarterly environmental metrics to Emerson and assure that required EHS/LP records and documents are maintained
- Maintain the EHS/LP training plan and programs and provide training to employees at all levels of the organization including forklift certification
- Prepare required reporting for OSHA, EPA, BLS, and other governmental agencies.
- Participate in incident investigations and workers compensation cases, sit on meetings with TPA, and advise management on cases
- Ensures good communication of EHS matters across the site
You show consistency between words and actions. You promote a sense of urgency and establish and enforce individual accountability in the team. You tackle difficult issues with optimism and confidence. You uncover root causes to difficult problems. You carefully consider all relevant factors and use appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. You invite input and share ownership and visibility.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related technical discipline or equivalent experience plus 2 years experience
- Knowledge of EHS Management Software (Velocity preferred)
- Knowledge in the technical fundamentals of safety management and risk assessments and reduction, including machinery & process safety, industrial hygiene, loss prevention, ergonomics and occupational health.
- Knowledgeable in local safety, health and environmental laws and regulations
- Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of fire protection and loss prevention engineering
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Train the trainer for fork lifts
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5 years of Environment Health & Safety experience in manufacturing and/or a distribution center with a high performance safety culture
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement processes
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
[ Link removed ]
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Job Safety Analysis
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)