In this role, the Technical Trainer will deliver Emerson-approved technical training programs for Europe on all phases of systems hardware and software for the instruction of customer and company personnel. Also, this person will deliver product and application demo to customers (internal and external) as required.
The Technical Trainer can demonstrate the value of his service organization by ensuring that the training courses comply with our quality and professionalism objectives, by developing strongly open and constructive relationships with customers and to be open-minded to new Emerson solutions and related courses.
- Provide and conduct Emerson approved training on Systems & Software products and use of Engineering tools, processes and methodologies;
- Be responsible and accountable for customer satisfaction during the training sessions. Be responsible to identify potential additional sales leads;
- Obtain and maintain Emerson certification to deliver Emerson approved training on systems & Software products;
- Consult with external and internal customers to tailor training content for customized learning solutions as needed;
- Demonstrate specialist expertise in assigned curricula areas and maintain expertise through field experience requirements where appropriate or priorities demand;
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve training facilities to ensure they are fit for purpose;
- Support non-technical functions in PSS Cluj with basic technical training;
- Continue to support the Systems and Software Engineering functions directly or indirectly (through supporting less experienced engineers);
- Act as an escalation point for in-depth content-related questions in training areas;
- Work with PSS/PWS Cluj Engineering Managers and Learning & Development Leader to ensure that engagement and exposure to project activity is maintained;
- Support the collaboration with Universities and the programs dedicated to student summer practice and internship;
- Regularly provide feedback to Learning Architects on content and recommend improvement of courseware;
- Other responsibilities or tasks including those related to Ethics; Health, Safety and Environment, trade compliance and Information Security policies that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed;
- The business reserves the right to make reasonable adjustments in line with business requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Automation, Telecommunication, Electrical or Process Engineering;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Romanian and English with a third European language preferred (written and spoken);
- Previous experience as an instructor/lecturer, trainings delivery would be advantageous;
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in one of the engineering fields: Control Engineering project industry, Network Infrastructure implementation & configuration, Cyber Security;
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural virtual environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Can work independently with minimum supervision;
- Excellent administration skills.
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities.
Our LGBTQ A Group empowers our workforce regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and supports the inclusion and professional development of all employees.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
- Curriculum Development
- Software Engineering
- English Language
- Romanian (Language)