The primary function of this position is to provide the financial support to the Automation Solutions IT organization.
The Financial Analyst is key member of the IT Finance team, reporting to the Director of IT Financial Planning, that will provide financial results to both the IT team and the Financial Reporting team including internal budgeting, forecasting, and cost optimization. The person will report administratively to Manila FA Operations Manager.
As the IT Finance team continues to mature, this position will actively participate in the creation of new business processes and the reengineering of existing processes.
Duty 1: Functional Expertise and Skills
- Provide support for strategic and operational planning cycles.
- Review financial and technical accounting practices of business units and world areas.
- Interface between Emerson Automation Solutions Information Technology and Finance teams from headquarters, business units, and world areas
- Forecasting (POR).
- Analysis of Expense accounts (Actuals vs POR).
- Process reviews and accounts reconciliations.
- Partnership with IT Finance teams and Automation Solutions HQ, BU and World Areas.
- Perform administrative functions of a Technology Business Management solution designed to increase cost transparency, financial planning, and financial performance.
- Reconcile and rationalize data from original ERP financial systems to the Technology Business Management solution.
- Monitoring and reconciliation of APPTIO costings.
- Cleanup of existing ERP systems costs to map in Apptio.
- Gathering, analysis and reconciliation of IT costs across World Areas.
- Validate correct mapping of costs in terms of budget centers, natural accounts and IT systems.
- Proposal of adjustments as needed.
- Intercompany Back Charge, account reconciliation and analysis.
- Validation of recharges.
- Analysis and reconciliation.
- Proposal of adjustments as needed.
- Design and implementation of reconciliation process for Apptio intercompany back charge to World Areas and Business Units.
- Review of Back charge process.
- Implement efficiency improvements on the back charge process.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as directed
Duty 2: Customer Satisfaction
- Generates reports based on team deliverables and present to management and counterparts.
- Escalates specific issues and provides recommendation to customers to address them
- Assists direct reports in resolution of escalations on the area of specific support
- Identifies problems, analyzes trends and implements corrective and preventive actions using quality tools
- Schedules, coordinates and facilitates customer communication
- Works closely with counterparts/POCs to identify loopholes and process gaps
- Support projects related to quality improvement (such as Think Customer, QMS, etc.) and handles ad hoc tasks to support the objectives of the management
- Participates in business conference calls
Duty 3: Internal Operations Management
- Ensures the Service Level Agreements are on target.
- Participates in goal-setting review to ensure challenging and stretched goals and assignments for the team in support of the overall business
- Submits period reports on metrics/KPIs/Dashboards to determine performance against the SLAs of the team.
- Performs staffing projection complementing work volume growth and forecast and make necessary proposals to business unit.
- Analyzes, explains and addresses variances between current and target performance
Duty 4: Internal Communication
- Understands and seeks critical information and data needed by the team
- Communicates policies, programs and decisions that affect employees
- Uses effective communication tools like flow charts, process flows, diagrams, etc. to effectively communicate products, processes, business and team performance, and others
- Conducts team meetings to address issues and concerns, escalations, improve processes and others
- Collaborates and networks with other leads to complete assigned projects and programs
- Keeps management informed and updated on matters affecting their team morale and performance
- BS Accountancy
- CPA, a plus.
Job Related Experience:
- 6 years, or more progressive work experience in accounting, financial analysis, process implementation.
- General knowledge of the US GAAP.
- High competence in usage of MS Outlook and MS Office applications especially Excel
- Demonstrated systems and process knowledge
- Knowledge in various software applications such as: SharePoint, MS Access
- Customer-focused with exceptional attention to detail/accuracy and sensitivity to deadlines
- Self-starter comfortable working independently with limited direction
- Process improvement and problem-solver mentality
- Ability to work effectively in teams and interact with all levels of the organization
- Schedule flexibility and desire to advance within the organization
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Working in an IT shared service environment a plus
- Exposure to the TMB framework and experience with Apptio a plus
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Business Process Improvement