At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration, and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
As a Principal Architect you will be responsible for the management and design leadership of large scale projects from bidding to delivery. Reporting directly to the Design Director, you will contribute to the development of Jacobs Cities & Places sector by supporting in the progressive evolution of research activities and technical development.
In addition, you will also meet the following requirments:
• Lead the architectural design of a Project from conception to completion.
• Act as the project’s design coordinator/integrator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Responsible for the architectural resource planning and commercial management for the project and report project needs to the business.
• Conduct Performance evaluation reviews to junior team members.
• Experience in leading and delivery of complex, large scale projects across residential/ luxury hospitality/ mixed use/ commercial /retail uses.
• Carry-out independent design reviews for all types of projects.
• Ability to manage and maintain relationships with various clients and stakeholders.
• Take responsibility for coaching of team members.
• Experience in developing design manuals, standard design documents and presentations to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider architectural community.
As a successful candidate you will hold a relevant qualification in Architecture from a recognized institution.
Minimum 15 years’ hands-on experience working on design and delivery of notable projects with renowned design consultancy practices.
Thorough understanding of local and international codes of practice and test standards for implementation into design.
Full working knowledge of and project delivery experience on Revit, AutoCAD, BIM360, Navisworks, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
- Adobe In Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit