We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Mechanical Engineer Mechanical Integration
Barcelona, Santa Perpetua de la Mogoda
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Managing Computer Aid Designer (CAD), activities and deliverables on an area in one Mechanical Domain on project in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Applying applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools. Position in the Organisation.
- Planning and piloting Mechanical Domain activities of assigned zone and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable. instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Managing production of deliverables in accordance with Planning targets on Mechanical Domain assigned zone.
- Performing 3D, design annotations and 2D deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments, Metier rules and processes.
- Designing products taking into account project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc.).
- Respecting and/or allocating requirements and mechanical interfaces to Sub-Systems/equipments (Allocated volume, weight, location, 3PL, etc.).
- Modelling and storing allocated volumes and interfaces for sub-systems / components in Digital Mock-Up.
- Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
- Performing Detailed Design on internal sub-systems.
- Checking respect of Allocated volumes/interfaces (no-clashes) on internal design.
- Filling-up attributes for each part in Digital Mock-Up (naming, material, Fire & Smoke, etc.).
- Verifying consistency of digital mock-up (no clash, etc.) and compliance with requirements (allocated volumes, weight, interfaces, etc.) on assigned scope.
- Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews.
- Updating Digital Mock-Up taking into account Change Requests.
- Checking CADs' and sub-contractor's Design Quality.
- Realizing stack-up analysis.
- Realizing Bill of Material.
- Resolving Project Mechanical issues in assigned zone..
- Reporting on Mechanical Domain activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
- Analysing change request impacts on assigned zone and applying change if request accepted
- Perform quotation of engineering work package, upon request.
- Defining Project Mechanical Decomposition (PBS).
- Supporting Sourcing, Industrialization and Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
- Collaborating within the Train Design team for continuous improvement of the Domain (including RoE).
MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCES
- 2 years of experience in Railway industry
- Mastering Knowledge of CATIA-V5 and 3Dcom/Enovia.
Competencies & Skills
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer) in an international environment.
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Sense of urgency / priority.
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- English fluent. Other languages are welcome.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Third Party Logistics