At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Ensuring a proactive approach to Nuclear, Radiological, Conventional and Environmental safety to ensure they are embedded within your delivery team and adherence is continuously monitored on the construction site in accordance with approved documents.
a. Attend safety training courses as required
b. Complete Safety audits as per agreed schedule
c. Audit onsite RA and POWRA for compliance
d. Lead by example – set the correct standards
2. Technical & commercial Supervision of all construction activities for Projects under your control, in accordance with current safety legislation, company procedures, Sellafield Contractors Standards and Nuclear site licence. To include but not limited to:
a. Input where possible during development of tender, pricing and risk register
b. Assist in the preparation & review of key control documents to include:
i. Risk assessments
ii. Costed, resourced and clash managed schedule
iii. Quality Plans associated with project
iv. Method Statements
i. Coordination of the purchase of necessary materials and fabricated items to complete the works
ii. Ensuring / checking materials are to correct specification
iii. Timely arrival of materials and subcontracts in line with agreed schedule.
i. Managing & liaising with Supervisor allocated to the works
ii. Ensure works commence and progress in line with agreed schedule
iii. Ensure site productivity is in line with agreed schedule / quantitive tracking
iv. Liaise with QC inspection team to ensure that all work is progressed to the required Quality standards
v. Control of multi-discipline activities, liaising and engaging support from the relevant discipline engineer where necessary.
vi. Ensure adherence to method statements
i. Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the relevant specifications
ii. Ensure ITP’s/QP’s stage sign offs are done concurrent to the works
iii. Ensure inspection certificates are completed in line with the schedule and are issued to the QA department for inclusion in the LTR
iv. Attend formal LFE session on completion of works
3. Liaise with Early Engagement Engineer and attend meetings as required by the Project Manager, to gain the necessary knowledge prior to RFQ for your agreed projects. This may include but not limited to:
a. Design feasibility studies
b. Constructability Reviews
d. Risk Registers
e. General early engagement activities and meetings
4. Administration of CEMAR to ensure documents are transmitted / responded to in the correct timings, to include:
a. Raising EWN’s
b. CEN’s including assisting the development of quotations
c. Raising Technical Queries
d. Raising general communications as required
e. Communication with project controls
5. Liaise with the allocated planner for projects under your control to ensure the following is updated on a weekly basis:
b. Quantitive tracking measures
c. Visual Management reports
6. Be a point of contact for SL Construction Co-ordinator for all projects under your control, attendance at the following will be agreed with the Project Manager:
a. Risk and opportunities meeting
b. Risk reviews
c. General Project related meetings as required by the client and OneAIM management
7. Assist in weekly resource planning meeting with Project Managers to review and agree:
a. Following weeks planned resource requirements
b. 6-week resource look-ahead
c. Supervisor forward workloads
d. Sub-contractor requirements
e. Scaffolding planning
f. Clash management
8. Drive cost savings throughout the delivery team, continuously looking at potential opportunities and report these to the Project Manager for inclusion in the benefits realisation register.
Engineering HNC/HND with experience
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Product Quality Assurance