Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Energy Systems is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated solar expert to join our team in Spain. We offer a full-time position reporting to the Head of the Solar Section for Iberia and Latin-America.
The Senior Solar Project Manager will join the DNV team in Barcelona for providing Independent and Owner’s Engineering services through the entire lifecycle of solar projects in Iberia, and support colleagues from other Countries in South America and Europe.
As an independent advisor, the Senior Solar Project Manager will spend the majority of the time conducting direct project work for customers, in addition to supporting business development and in-house research projects.
It will be considered a plus if the person is recognized as a solar expert within the market.
Tasks may include:
- Direct Project work. As part of the daily work it is expected that the Senior Solar Project Manager will be involved in engineering and advisory tasks for solar PV projects.
- Technical due diligences processes focused on system electrical design review, main equipment review, project contracts review and financial model review.
- Owners engineering services focus on detail electrical design review and construction supervision.
- Project construction monitoring and on-site inspection.
- Project Management. The Senior Solar Project Manager will coordinate and manage internal resources for the execution of projects and ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget, as well as meeting Customers’ expectations in terms of quality.
- Business Development. As part of the Solar Team, the Senior Solar Project Manager will be responsible for tracking business opportunities, market intelligence, develop services according to Industry needs and develop and maintain the required network of contacts with focus on Portuguese solar PV market.
- Research and Development. Propose and be involved in internal R&D Projects related to the solar business.
Company & Business Area Description
- 5+ years of professional experience in the solar sector (preferable in consultancy or engineering companies)
- Bachelor’s degree required in Electrical Engineering or similar; Master’s degree preferred
- Local and International experience on engineering and consultancy services for solar PV plants
- Experience in technical due diligence processes which may include but is not limited to: site assessment, system design, energy estimates, equipment selection, contracts review and project finance
- Familiarity with PVsyst as well as other energy simulation software
- Experience must also include a working knowledge of solar PV related regulations, codes and standards. Experience with IEC and other relevant certifications in the industry
- Experience on Project Construction, Commissioning Procedures and Acceptance Tests and Conditions. Familiar with typical equipment for site inspections (thermographic cameras, I-V curve tracers, Electroluminescence, …)
- Project management skills and experience
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy policy and solar PV
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails (English and Spanish)
- Lead and support independent qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Willingness to travel across the country and internationally
- Ability to work independently within an internal team, and with external partner organizations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driving License
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Business Development
- Design Review
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Modeling