Responsible for delivering assigned projects to our customers, achieving or exceeding an acceptable level of customer satisfaction and the internally agreed level of profitability. The role is the primary point of contact for the customer on all commercial matters, utilizing internal and third party resources, material and services to deliver the assigned project scope within cost budget, agreed timescales and to the required quality.
• Deliver assigned projects within agreed scope, cost budgets, timescales and quality.
• Manages and reports all resource demand and financial aspects of assigned projects.
• Proactive management of change and risk.
• Apply PMO project execution methodology to all projects.
• Full stake holder management of all assigned projects.
• Ensure that all project administration is completed ad project files are maintained.
• Involved in reviewing proposals and contracts.
• Adheres to company’s and customer HSEQ standards at all times.
• Provide leadership to the project team members and promote an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
• Support and develop less experienced members of the project management team.
• May lead internal project process improvement efforts.
• Builds partnerships at the business management level of key customers.
• Builds business partnerships with key sub-suppliers.
• Must have excellent negotiation skills.
• Responsible for being compliant to all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
• Work with the internal Proposal team to generate priced proposals for existing
and future customers.
• Manage cross-business unit work scope within Emerson where necessary.
• Work with Emerson engineering functions to ensure adequate staffing of assigned projects to meet project criteria.
• Engage with Engineering and Service functions to ensure the forecast of resources required for the project is well communicated and planned.
• Engineering degree or equivalent knowledge; PMP certification and further education in business administration, operations, or project management preferred.
• Typically 8 years experience in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity with relevant project and technical management experience.
• Local language skills with proficient English (verbal and written); excellent communicator
• Basic financial knowledge and exposure to project planning.
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson .
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Project Planning
- Technical Management
- Business Process Automation