REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Engineering & Manufacturing company with a global client base.
Quality Engineer - 6 month fixed term contract and will be reviewed after 6 months.
The main purpose of this job is to develop system-based process controls to ensure conformance to 2nd and 3rd party requirements.
The candidate will be experienced within a steel/engineering environment, typically encompassing one or more of the following disciplines: melting/re-melting, forging, heat treatment, machining, bar conditioning, inspection, NDT and/or materials testing.
You will have a comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001 and any familiarity with AS9100, NADCAP and/or UKAS 17025 approval for laboratories would be a distinct advantage. Interpretation and application of customer requirements, familiarity with auditing to the above standards, developing root cause analysis and supporting Management in the continuous improvement programmes will be key requirements of the post.
• Coordinate all 2nd / 3rd party audits associated with Oil and Gas, Aerospace and Nuclear customers
• Establish effective processes that ensure compliance including Internal audits, process audits
• Lead and support CI projects including data driven continuous improvement
• Specification review & GAP analysis including managing actions to close gaps.
• Writing procedures
• Process expert and coordinator of PSR / 8D / CEDAC / Corrective & Preventive actions / Error proofing including progressing actions to completion, prioritisation and escalation.
• Work with Management teams to close Improvement Action Tracker actions
• Customer interface management including complaints resolution and Customer Questionnaires and Aerospace customer annual performance review
• Quality point of contact for all site related Supplier selection, approval & monitoring
• Responsible for Quality record control and Management of change & Risk assessments
• Customer liaison including presentations
• Delivery of Product identification & quality awareness training to all employees within span of control
• Responsibility for approved supplier process.
• Quality representative in New Product Introduction process - Measuring systems analysis / FAIRs, PPAP
• Zero defect initiative - FMEA, Control plans
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Aerospace Basic Quality System Standards
Production Part Approval Process
Metal Heat Treatments