Great People make Schneider Electric a great company.
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose and that continuously creates an inclusive environment where you are empowered to do your best and be innovative?
The Role: Upstream Planning Manager
You will develop planning and purchasing strategies and oversee the commodity planner/buyer in their daily activities in material planning and supplier communications to ensure that strategic material planning processes are in place to enable operational and production continuity at optimal cost.
Spearheaded material review and works closely with internal and external parties to ensure the supply of materials is in place to satisfy production requirements. Upstream Planning Manager must be able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet timely production requirements.
What will you do?
- Ensures the on-time placement and delivery of purchase orders based on the system lead time at the lowest price and based on the approved vendor list
- Facilitates Regular Shortage Reviews to address Shortage gaps and Mitigate supply Risks
- Recommends and participates in the qualification process of alternative suppliers for each commodity
- Searches for continued cost reduction opportunities through alternative suppliers, cost estimation activities, and continued supplier negotiations
- Strong leadership skills in continuous improvement and problem-solving activities
- Designs or implements supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies
- Manages activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning
- Develops procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as commodity, finance, production, logistics and warehouse
- Implements new or improved supply chain processes
- Confers with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure the availability of materials or products
- Plans and implements methods to achieve and maintain 98% on-time delivery and 100% production, and other established KPIs
- Resolves material planning problems/constraints involving material availability that affect the overall production operations to ensure timely products delivery and/or shipment
- Negotiates and discusses with operations regarding adjustment of shipping commitments due to supply constraints
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in buying and material planning activities such as: approving purchase orders, receiving reports and requests for payment in accordance with the company’s Delegation of Authority; reviews and analyzes reports concerning the total purchases and freight charges. Continually looking to reduce freight costs and eliminate airfreight for imports
- Establishes/ sets safety stocks, re-order points (ROP), and replenishment quantities
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, provide performance feedback, or discuss production forecasts or changes
- Monitor supplier performance to assess the ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow
Supply Chain Tools & Digitization
- Focus on digitization in the Supply Chain function to improve employee effectiveness and engagement
- Design and deploy analytics to support daily activities
Who would be successful?
- At least 10 years of experience in a related field, Business Process Re-engineering, and Supply Chain Systems initiatives
- Highly recommended with an industry background in Manufacturing, Automotive, Electronics & IT applications deployment
- Sound understanding of Production Planning, Procurement, Inventory & Vendor Management functions with experience in leading cross-functional teams and managing change
- Nice to have: CPIM, LEAN certifications, Project Management
What’s in it for me?
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
- Flexible work arrangement
- On-site gym
…and more!Who will you report to? Cluster Supply Chain Manager
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€28.9bn global revenue
128,000 employees in 100 countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
Our Company Story Video: [ Link removed ]
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
- Automotive Industry
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified In Production And Inventory Management
- Change Management