We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Main purposes of the Job :
Manage the RAMS activities and related deliverables in accordance with quality, costs and delays commitments on the project(s)/program(s) he/she is appointed to ;
Support the Alstom products performance by defining :
safety requirements allowing to reach an acceptable level of risks as per the Alstom Safety policy
reliability requirements allowing to enhance their capability to meet the expected reliability targets ;
Coordinate the different RAMS contributors working on the Program/Project for the relevant scope ;
Apply the applicable Alstom/Engineering RAMS processes & instructions.
Reporting to the Site RAMS Manager and functionally to the Project Engineerign Managers, your main responsabilities will be :
- To plan and pilot the RAMS activities and the related deliverables on the project(s)/program(s) he/she is appointed to as per the applicable instructions/processes and other specific requirements committed to the Customer ;
- To plan and pilot the RAMS activities in tender phase to assess the capability and risks of the foreseen Alstom product to meet the customer requirements and to evaluate the budget that will be needed during the project execution ;
- To perform the project/program RAMS activities compliant with the QCD work packages commitments.
- To assess and demonstrate the level of Safety achieved by Alstom Transport product in project/program phases to ensure its adequacy as per the applicable Alstom Safety policy and instructions.
- To continuously assess the capability of the Alstom product to meet the Reliability performance in project/program phases and define the necessary reliability actions to minimize Alstom risks and follow them until closure ;
- To define and transfer in a timely manner the necessary safety requirements to put under control the relevant railway safety risks and follow them until closure ;
- To support the other stakeholders (design, industrial, sourcing, validation etc..) in the definition of appropriate measures to meet the safety and reliability actions and to follow their closure through appropriate documented evidence ;
- To be the point of contact for RAMS matters on the project/program in particular to the Customer ;
- To consolidate the RAMS contribution from the external suppliers ;
- To perform the safety and reliability design reviews as per the project/program schedule ;
- To apply the Alstom /Engineering rules & processes on the program(s)/project(s) in particular those dedicated to the RAMS activities.
- To report on the progress of the tender/project/program RAMS activities and alert in case of issue potentially impacting the achievement of the QCD commitments ;
- To anticipate and alert on the potential blocking issues with regard to the expectations of the next Reliability and Safety design review milestone and be pro-active in the definition/implementation of the related resolution plan ;
- To have a pro-active approach on the design to support in the definition adequate of technical solutions to put under control the railway safety risks ;
- To seek for the technical understanding of the Alstom products in order to better assess their RAMS performance and potential areas of improvement ;
- To adopt a product oriented mind-set in implementing the RAMS process to foster the capitalisation of the results of the activities towards the product RAMS performance.
- To support the maintenance of the technical repository of the Alstom products from a RAMS perspective ;
- To participate to the improvement/definition of the RAMS process.
Your profile :
- Graduated from an Engineering School, ideally with a Safety or RAMS specialty ;
- Mastership and first experience of Safety analysis and demonstration methods and tools in the transportation industry or on complex safety industrial systems ;
- Good knowledge and first experience in RAM prediction and measurement methods and tools ;
- Good competencies in Electrical and/or Electro-mechanical Engineering ;
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with customers ;
- Time management and reporting skills ;
- Sense of urgency / priority ;
- Customer & Product Focus;
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach ;
- English operational in reading/writing and speaking within technical meetings.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Self Motivation
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills