You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Provides oversight for all aspects of Electrical Systems Integrity which spans managing HV substations, field electrical power distribution, facility low voltage systems to PLC controls. Good all round electrical systems knowledge across a wide variety of equipment.
- To be the Responsible Person Electrical (RPE) for the field operation ensuring electrical safety standards are followed and quality of electrical installations to NEC (National Electrical Code) requirements.
- Managing high voltage switching operations at the two Surge operated substations and powerline infrastructure as well as periodically optimizing the voltage regulation at the stations.
- Manage the maintenance program for the substations and inspection and repair of the powerline infrastructure.
- Manages the data and logic integrity in all control systems to ensure they are consistent and function as designed.
- Ensures safety system cause & effect charts are up to date and that they are validated in accordance with policy.
- Coordinates the effort to update cygnet from the field end as facilities upgrades and well tie-backs are made and ensures data integrity.
- Conduct electrical authorization of field personnel to work at appropriate voltage levels on systems (from low voltage DC controls up to high voltage).
- Maintains Surge arc flash program and manages the integrity of all test equipment.
- Carries out various electrical system diagnostic measurements to determine the health and performance of electrical and electronic systems.
- Maintain quality of the electrical systems equipment in the CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) from PLC's to HV circuit breakers.
- Coordinating field corrective maintenance tasks through the CMMS work order system for area of responsibility.
- Work closely with the Corrective and Preventive Maintenance work teams as well as the Construction team on equipment related issues.
- Work closely with the Production Optimization team to coordinate activities that involves electrical power delivery.
- Work closely with the Land team on any new powerline extensions for the appropriate right of way needs.
- Work closely with the Houston Engineering team as well as the SCADA coordinator
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong safety culture and process leadership particularly with respect to electrical systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and controls documents and design drawings.
- Familiar with 3 phase LV and HV power systems operation and installations.
- Understand control schemes and ability to learn new systems and equipment.
- Position is based in Moss Creek field office (~ 17 miles north of Big Spring, Texas).
- Associate's degree or bachelor's degree required; Electrical Engineer preferred.
- Must be willing to work outside of core hours and handle call-outs.
- 10 years' experience with electrical systems, including substation operation, LV electrical systems and controls.
- Demonstrated experience across a wide range of electrical systems and voltage levels. No barriers on working on a wide variety of electrical equipment and systems.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Circuit Breaker
- Control Systems
- Electrical Substation
- Infrastructure Management
Job ID: BBBH43000