ABS Group is a leading consulting and technical service provider serving the Federal Government with solutions in data analytics, risk management, cybersecurity, and management consulting. ABS Group Global Government Sector is seeking a Lead Sales Manager to drive significant growth in the federal government consulting market with a focus on Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) markets. The Lead Sales Manager will report to the Director, Global Government Sector Business Development.
The Lead Sales Manager is responsible for identifying client leads, assessing their qualifications, determining methods to bid on opportunities and proposal strategies, client/teaming partner follow-up with the goal of maintaining and winning new client business across the DHS and FEMA markets. They will be responsible for developing and implementing sales plans and actions to increase company revenues and profitability.
The ideal candidate will have solid understanding of federal government consulting business and a drive to provide excellence in service delivery to new federal clients through new consulting opportunities. They will also have a solid understanding of the business fundamentals of ROI and business case development to support major capture activities. Having a technical degree and/or experience with technical consulting service delivery is a big plus.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently analyze the market to determine leads, targeting, and qualification of new prospective clients for ABS Group services.
- Daily communication with potential and existing clients for new sales, proposal, and contracting activities.
- Interact with proposal development activities (e.g. - determining the scope of opportunities, reviewing client information, analyzing teaming partners, and reviewing and discussing price to win / rates) to support a timely submittal of a compliant and compelling response to potential client.
- Consistently report sales metrics for management (using Microsoft CRM, Monday.com, and other BI systems).
- Lead major proposal activities in coordination with the proposal team.
- Participate as needed in the commercial, legal, and financial review of proposals and support of negotiations with prospective clients.
- Identify and participate in industry events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited university preferably in a business, finance, or technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience delivering/selling consulting services (organically or through new growth) to federal government customers with an established and current network of professional and customer contacts.
- Understanding of competitor landscape and how to differentiate ABS Group offerings to the client.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills in a variety of sales settings, including demonstrated experience selling to federal government clients.
- Considerable attention to detail.
- Focus on results; strong desire to achieve objectives despite challenges.
- The ability and willingness to work in a matrix management environment by collaborating with peers and colleagues in ABS Group service lines.
- Self-sufficient using computer and database tools.
- Good organizational, research & problem-solving skills.
- Can-do approach to tasks and conscientious towards client service.
- Devise and enact effective brand recognition and brand positioning strategies and serve as an enthusiastic evangelist for ABS Consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to close sales and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Ability to travel primarily domestically up to 10% of the time.
ABS Group is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws.
Company: ABSG Consulting, Inc.
We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times.
ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits
ABS Group proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers additional support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Group also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity
The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Other
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs
- Manage Sale Team
- Business Development
- Implement Sale Strategy
- Create Sale Plan
- Sales Process Training