Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Note: Applicants who do not have legal requirements to work in the country will not be considered.
Entoria Energy is a leading global privately held developer, investor and operator of renewable energy solutions. We are headquartered in Singapore with an active presence in over 10 countries, principally focusing in Asia Pacific and Latin America. Owner-led and powered by unparalleled execution, we specialise in solar, wind and energy storage projects, from design, planning and financing through to construction and operation.
With rapid expansion plans in Asia Pacific, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our team in Thailand. This is a rare opportunity to join an established, well-funded and proven renewable energy team in a high profile, high impact role.
Reporting to Project Manager in Singapore, you will be responsible for leading, managing and supervising all engineering, procurement, construction, operation and maintenance activities for all active and upcoming projects in Thailand.
The main role of this position is to overview and manage project development activities, engineering activities on specific projects and activities performed by contracted partners until a project is commissioned.
In detail, these activities include collecting data from clients, perform engineering activities and/or overview the work from junior engineers and contractors, and manage the PV plants construction according with technical requirements and quality standards of the company.
The position also involves managing contractors and being responsible for the correct delivery of all projects.
You will be part of a multicultural dedicated team analysing, selecting, monitoring and managing regional solar projects. This position offers significant potential for development for the right individual.
- Take full responsibility for the delivery of EPC and O&M services according to contract requirements
- Direct and manage multiple projects. Take responsibility for project controlling.
- Ensure that technical and customer service standards are upheld throughout the company
- Manage relationships with authorities, grid operators, regulators, market operators and other relevant stakeholders involved during construction and operations
- Manage various relations from clients through to suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Manage the operation of projects in a safe, reliable and efficient manner
- Oversee day to day online monitoring, recording, identifying and handling incidents that interrupt power generation or general project functionality
- Collection and analysis of technical data;
- Analysis and interpretation of information received from clients;
- Development of technical solutions;
- Modelling photovoltaic plants with PVSYST software or similar;
- Selection of solutions and devices according the needs of the project;
- Development of solutions together with suppliers;
- Elaboration of layout plans, electrical calculations and diagrams, technical memories, budgets, and all the necessary technical documentation to carry out the permitting and construction of the solar plant;
- Construction management, coordination with providers and installers;
- Certification of executed works;
- Control of budget and deviations;
- Final report of works, plans and documentation as built;
- Preparing of O&M plan and implementation actions;
- Supervising O&M activities.
- Bachelors in Engineering, with electrical and/or energy specialization;
- Advanced design management with AutocCAD software;
- Experience in design and implementation of photovoltaic installations, hybrid energy systems, grid-connected or off-grid systems
- Experience in project management, preferably in the energy field;
- Good knowledge in Thailand's local electrical standard and market requirements
- Able to establish credibility with senior professionals and business partners;
- Entrepreneurial personality, self-starter, result-oriented;
- Team player but also have the confidence to work on his/her own on a wide range of tasks and projects;
- Able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with significant and demonstrable renewable energy industry experience in EPC and O&M
- Strong English and Thai communication, meeting and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in working with a global team
- Has a clear understanding of utility interconnections, metering requirements and data systems
- IT literate – In depth MS Package knowledge and CAD Software
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Knowledge of project budget process and tools
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organise, schedule work)
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyse, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Expense reporting policies and procedures
- International exposure compulsory
- Able to travel when required
- An outstanding level of tenacity, autonomy and drive
- A strong commitment to the ethics and values of the business with regards to investing in a renewable future and reversing the impact of climate change
- An independently motivated and creative individual and a good problem solver
- Used to managing multiple projects at different stages of development at any one time
- A natural collaborator who brings out the best in people and respects people at all levels
- Highly organized
- Strong emotional intelligence and a team player – you know how to bring people with you