At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us. Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfil what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
To be based in either of Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, we are inviting applications from Transport Design Managers with significant experience in the design, engineering and technical aspects of Roads & Highways projects.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Significant experience roads & highway design (predominantly in NZ)
- Experience in business development, well known and respected within the NZ industry by client organisations
- Strong knowledge of general civil design principles and standards relating to designs for transport infrastructure and general Civil engineering projects, and ideally also some site or construction monitoring experience
- Experienced delivering large multidisciplinary engineering projects through differing procurements methods and design stages
- Experience working directly with Delivery Partners (Contractors) is preferable
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.