- Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to eliminate functional failures and their effects
- Analyze equipment performance based on operating data and maintenance history.
- Lead Root Cause analysis on equipment failures to contribute to continuous improvement, implement, track and look back to ensure recommendations effectiveness
- Provide leadership and decision-making skills during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate risks that could adversely impact plant operations
- Utilize reliability engineering tools to assess and maximize equipment reliability
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Effective utilization of predictive condition monitoring and other non-destructive testing methodologies to proactively identify potential reliability issues
- Review, interpret of vibration and oil analysis, provide recommendations and track the effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Mechanical
- Professional Engineer designation that is recognized by APEGA or APEGS
- Minimum of 8 year's related to maintenance/ process and industrial experience in Oil Industry /Pulp or paper mill/mining experience with a focus on reliability studies, root cause failure analysis, risk assessment, bad actor analysis
- Excellent understanding of SAGD process and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of field practices
- Good computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Possess knowledge in and experience with safe work practices in an oil industry environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups
- Strong leadership orientation that includes coaching, development of staff, and guidance of individuals toward goal achievement
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.