Development Manager - Hydro and Renewables Asia
I have been contacted over the weekend about urgent requirements for my client whom is seeking a Development Manager to be based in Philippinnes starting ASAP. As Development Manager you will assist the development strategy in existing and new markets. This is currently an exciting time to join the organisation with an aggressive growth plan and credible pipeline already established within Hydropower.
Client Profile: Energy Developer with portfolio of projects in Asia and Africa, investment, development, construction and operation.
* Degree Qualified
* Highly analytical, organized and pragmatic professional with attention to details.
* Keen interest in renewable energy and investment.
* 5 - 10 years' experience working in a Development capacity in the Renewable energy or infrastructure. Experience of working in a technical role would be an advantage.
* Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills are required and advanced use of the Microsoft Office suite.
* Excellent written English and ability to write documents to a publishable standard.
* Additional language skills would be an advantage (in particular French)
* Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Willingness to travel and visit project sites across South East Asia
* The incumbent may be required to be based in-country to lead development activities on a specific set of projects.
The role will include, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
* Define the development strategy with the Investment Manager and propose an implementation plan that will be approved by the senior management. Lead and take ownership of the execution of the implementation plan.
* Provide leadership and direction on all aspects of project development and work closely with the Investment Manager and Investment Director towards successful development, implementation and management of projects.
* Ensure appropriate lead, coordination and communication between head office and project teams.
* Evaluate project/investment opportunities from an investment point of view including site visits, estimation of cost, constructability, generation potential, stakeholder relationship, sector development, evacuation...Prepare proposals regarding these opportunities.
* Lead project development activities under guidance of Investment Manager and with support from Project Manager.
* Establish and manage an in-country team focused on project development activities. Ensure proper compliance of project requirement towards various stakeholders.
* Support the Investment Manager in taking projects from concept to financial close by participating in securing and negotiating relevant commercial terms including partnership agreements, PPAs, finance agreements, etc.
* Ensure continuation of stakeholders' support throughout construction period.
* Maintain discussion with various stakeholder regarding commercial aspects (PPA/IA…).
* Work with utilities and Government stakeholders to ensure commitments are met as per the agreed timeline.
* Support the Project Manager to make sure the project meets agreed milestones in line with time and budget.
* Assist with procurement activities for each project including pre-qualification exercises, tender document preparation, tendering, and post tender activities including interviews, tender analyses and recommendations.
* For projects where site-based work is planned or ongoing, undertake sites visits regularly or as required.
* Build a strong working relationship with key stakeholders and ensure they are engaged and supporting the project
Salary Budget: 75,000 to 120, 000 USD per annum (all-inclusive and gross)
I appreciate that this is a wide range but reflecting the difference my client has allowed allowed in the years of experience.
Start Date: ASAP although it is important the right candidate is employed.
Tax: Please note that this is not a expatriate salary and you will have to pay local taxes and accommodation. Figures are quoted gross and are subject to taxes to be paid in line with Philippinnes requirements.
If you would like to be considered for this project, please send your CV to me in word format for further discussion: [ Email address blocked ]
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and power projects across the globe. For more information on any international assignments please contact Deji Ogunsola at ewi recruitment.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Hardworking And Dedicated