At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Lead activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining solutions, products and processes. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by evaluating technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to deliver solutions that meet business/IT needs. Coordinate the tasks of less experienced engineers and collaborate across teams as needed. Independence level: Works independently with minimal guidance. Works closely with scrum masters, project managers, QA, Creative, and UX team members to ensure compliance with project needs.
|Your role will be centered on the development and improvement of new and existing features. Additionally, you will be reviewing the code of your peers, advocating for standard development methodologies, and participating in an inclusive, energetic and highly cross-functional team. The role encompasses architect, design, implementation, and testing to ensure building products right and to release them with high quality.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Engage with business partners to gather information, analyze requirements and deliver practical, efficient and cost-effective solutions that satisfy business needs. Writes product specifications and design documentation for assigned system components.
- Design, develop and/or review complex code to ensure solutions meet the requirements of functional and technical specifications. Develop and/or review project technical architecture design and development. Solutions may include but are not limited to the development of various types of applications, web, mobile app, full stack or integrations hosted on premises data centers or in the cloud. Develop automated Unit tests and/or automated UI tests.
- Lead engineering team and provide oversight for less experienced engineers; Stay on top of latest technologies and trends. Using error reports, establish priorities and assign out bugs to relevant team members for resolution. Support development of version control principles (e.g. Git and working within an agile environment), CI/CD pipeline and various automations.
- Ensure all risks and issues that affect the project are captured following set process and are actioned appropriately.
- Enhance knowledge of and compliance with preferred technologies, methodologies, standards and policies. Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function. Strong debugging and problem-solving skills; lead peer code reviews.
- Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology trends, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT.
- Maintain deep knowledge of technology and its application across our business areas or for our customers
- Promote knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications within IT and Exelon
- Participate in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems
- Shape and advance core team processes to increase operational efficiency and quality.
- Coach and lead other engineers assigned to their product or project team.
- Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree (ex: Computer Science or related discipline) and 5 - 8 years of relevant experience (programming technologies) or minimum 9-12 years of relevant combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead small to medium teams in delivering software solutions
- Demonstrates strong software development capabilities coupled with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills with self-motivation to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communications skills - Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems - Windows, Solaris or Linux; or strong knowledge of cloud platforms – Azure, Amazon or Google
- Strong knowledge of SQL or NoSQL databases - Oracle, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, MySQL, Redis, Splunk
- Strong understanding of advanced programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Prior experience in leading software development efforts, designing conceptual data models & system architecture, and user interfaces, is a major plus
- Master’s degree in CS (or equivalent field) plus 3 years of relevant experiences
- Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development
- Experience in automated testing including unit testing, UI testing and functional testing
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes good software design, a deeper understanding of programming languages, and an ability to solve engineering problems of increasing difficulty. Shows initiative beyond pure implementation.
- Experience building highly scalable applications
- Experience working with SCRUM, Kanban or other Agile development environments
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- Business Development
- Business Efficiency