Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Summary: The Manager of Engineering Delivery is responsible for the overall delivery of engineering in support of Renewable Energy Systems (RES) development, engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning (EPCC) of solar, and battery storage projects and wind. This role is focused on leading a team of Design Phase Managers & Engineers while also supporting project specific engineering delivery through established value streams (quality, constructability, value, risk) that drive successful completion of projects. To be successful as a manager of engineering delivery, you should have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
- Management responsibilities:
The Engineering Delivery group is made up of design phase managers and engineers whose primary focus is to assist numerous areas within the RES organization with assembly and delivery of engineering deliverables required to support the development, procurement, construction, operations and maintenance of projects. As director, you will be responsible for the overall interface of these activities for both internal engineering and 3rd party subcontract engineering to projects.
The group has overall responsibility for:
- Coordinating with Project Management, Procurement, Project Controls, Scheduling, and Construction and Project Owner to facilitate successful project design to meet the needs of all parties involved.
- Overseeing gathering and approving engineering budgets for both internal engineering team and external engineering proposals
- Assist in coordination of the Review/Edit/Creation of Project Documents (Specifications, RFP’s, Contracts)
- Assist in coordination of Review and Issue of Drawings, Vendors award, Review Submittals / and Product Evaluation, Project Engineering Schedules and Reports with overall Project Execution Schedule
As Manager of this Team You will Be Responsible For:
- Providing strategic direction, leadership, and technical services oversight for employees on achieving individual, team, department, and organizational performance goals
- Regularly evaluating capacity and skillsets to direct growth in workforce planning, supporting strong cross team and cross office resourcing collaboration
- Regularly soliciting and receiving feedback from project leadership stakeholders and addresses that feedback through continuous improvement efforts
- Maintaining relationships with key vendors and engineering partners to forecast pipeline with those partners and identifying when capacity or other factors may require alternative delivery approaches
- Project Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with internal multi-disciplinary teams and external engineering subconsultants to deliver engineering excellence through quality, cost-effective design, and technical risk assessments
- Scope, schedule, and coordinate the engineering and design activities for early stage development, major bid/RFP, and EPC construction projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the Design Management team to establish work order document control, technical logistics, communication protocol, submittal, RFI, design reviews, and safety reviews of engineering deliverables (Procore)
- Provides project oversight, including managing engineering scope according to technical contracts, developing change orders, and maintaining project schedules
- Identify and quantify potential project-specific design risks, contract clarifications, and exclusions
- Assist procurement with coordination of product and shop drawings submittals to the Engineer of Record for approval and client acceptance
- Coordinate with subject matter experts for clients, project managers, and non-engineering technical staff to understand the engineering design of renewable project construction, pre-construction, development
- Business Development Responsibilities:
- Participates and partners with members of the Pre-Construction and Business Development teams to promote engineering value streams (quality, constructability, value engineering, technical risk)
- Supports proposal efforts by developing, providing resources, and reviewing external engineering proposals, contractors, MSAs, and NDAs
- Participate in client marketing and business development activities which consists of proposal development, technical presentations, trade show attendance, and client meetings
- Safety responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert level of knowledge in:
- Solar/BESS/Wind Power Plant Design and Power Plant Performance Analysis
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- General Civil, Structural, Electrical, SCADA, and Mechanical Design
- General Design for Constructability
- Familiarity with Industry Standards such as IBC, NEC, ASCE, AISC, ANSI, etc.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in: Project Scheduling Tools, Project Performance Tracking
- Detailed Design Software: Fundamental understanding of AutoCAD
- MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program (Master’s degree preferred)
- PE registration preferred and PMP Certification preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years cumulative engineering experience with relevant solar experience
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Anticipated Base Salary Range: $120,500-$170,500 with bonus eligibility
Location: Broomfield, CO or Remote
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United State; however, we currently are not providing visa sponsorship or hiring individuals who will need visa sponsorship in the future.
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. This position is bonus eligible.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.
- Construction Management
- Value Engineering
- Submittals (Construction)
- Performance Analysis
- Project Management