- Perform and/or supervise the design process including design, calculations, analysis, engineering modeling, and drafting to ensure designs meet technical and customer requirements.
- Ensure design control and verification is applied.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the production of well servicing equipment.
- Continuously improve new and existing products and develop test methods for validation.
- Review and capture production or field feedback to improve or enhance designs.
- Coordinate, check and approve the work of the Mechanical Designer / Drafters to produce detailed schematic, fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Provide engineering support for other internal departments such as Sales, Part Sales, and Service as needed.
- Coordinate engineering involvement with key internal and external customers including suppliers, consultants, senior management and other NOV organizations.
- Follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Contribute and attend weekly production and project action meetings.
- Assist with recruitment, evaluations, and promotions of employees.
- Conduct training and coaching for employees in new work roles/tasks, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Review contracts and technical detail documents. Assist with contract clarifications and interpretation.
- Generate technical documents including test procedures, manuals and technical publications.
- All other assigned or associated tasks and duties to help meet or exceed the customer expectations and company goals.
Education and Training:
- Technical diploma or degree in Engineering or 3-5 years of equivalent qualifications required.
- Education and experience in engineering design and structural analysis.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in the design and operation of oilfield service equipment is an asset.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks CAD software is an asset
- Strong organizational, prioritization and planning skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work Indoors
- Occasional work around or on functioning equipment
- HSE Orientation
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Mapping