You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Offshore Operations & Maintenance Engineer (Asset Management)
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: [ Link removed ]
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent’s offshore wind Asset Management (AM) and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Team, is expanding and have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and technically grounded individual. Kent specialise in providing a diversified AM and O&M service to the growing offshore wind market. This role is key in supporting the AM and O&M Lead in driving the growth of Kent’s Offshore Wind business through the energy transition and targeting key emerging markets in the UK, Central Europe and US.
The offshore AM and O&M Engineer will sit in the Engineering and Consulting UK offshore team and will report to the OSW Asset Management and O&M Lead. Following a number of new and exciting long-term projects and a growing pipeline of work the O&M team are in need of an experienced engineer to support the delivery of these tasks which will require not only delivering work packages, but in some instances leading these too. Additionally, a major part of the role will be supporting the development and enhancement of Kent’s Offshore Wind Asset Management and Operations and Maintenance services.
Kent currently has a team of over 375 engineers working on offshore wind projects all the way from pre concept right through to operations. We have a strong culture built on developing and supporting our staff with a variety of opportunities both in terms of projects and relevant training and exposure to the wider market through conferences and other events.
- Develop offshore asset management strategies for our clients, throughout concept development, engineering design, procurement, and construction phases of projects.
- Provide strategic O&M input to the engineering and structural design teams to maintain and build Kents’ competence in the technical performance of offshore assets during operation.
- Deliver and develop the following services to our clients:
- Asset Reference Designation System (RDS) for offshore and onshore assets to help capture and maintain asset master data.
- Create asset codes and nomenclature to the wind industry
- Asset Integrity Management Planning (AIMP).
- Support the development of Kent’s OSW asset management and O&M service offering, covering:
- transition pieces,
- wind turbine generators,
- array cables,
- offshore substations,
- export cables,
- O&M base and,
- Support the offshore AM and O&M Lead to ensure projects are being delivered in a timely manner, on budget and to the customers satisfaction.
- Innovating and developing existing tools, methodologies and processes to improve our technical offering and efficiency.
- Support in bidding and business development activities, building the Kent brand and developing new and existing client relationships.
- Support and develop those in the team around you and nurture the development of junior engineers.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Experience working in AM and/or O&M for a consultancy, Developer, Operator, OEM or O&M provider.
- A strong technical understanding of operations and maintenance in offshore wind and knowledge of relevant codes, such as: standards (VGB T32 part 2 and IEC 81346).
- Experience with industry best practice and optimised maintenance solutions.
- Competent with differing OEM install bases inclusive of WTG models and technology.
- Other non-offshore wind experience in O&M
- Experience with low carbon technologies such as carbon capture and hydrogen
- Experience developing cost estimates and bids either as part of a team or independently.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.
- Asset Management
- Business Development
- Cost Modelling
Job ID: 4827