Vacancy details General information Organisation
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities. Reference
2018-6950 Position descriptionJob title
QA/QC Inspector Electrical/ELV M/FContract
Full timeContract duration
1 year Employee Status
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Qatar for a: Profile
QA/QC Inspector Electrical/ELV
This is an opportunity for you to be responsible and to perform site quality control inspection, surveillance and monitor the Contractor's work for compliance with QP Quality requirements. Assist Senior QA/QC Engineer in the implementation of various Quality Management systems in contracts.
Your main duties will be to:-
- Monitoring and ensuring that the relevant Method Statements, Inspection Test Plans and Procedures are in line with Project Quality Plan and being followed through-out the Project Life Cycle.
- Participate in inspections/surveillance visits/ audits of Contractors, Sub-contractors, Vendors Manufacturers/ Suppliers/ Third Party Inspection (TPl) Third Party Certification (TPC) activities and processes, in line with the approved documents.
- Identify observed Non-Conformances and report to Senior QNQC Engineer for issuance of Non- Conformance Reports (NCRs)/Corrective Action Requests (CARs)/Technical Deviations,as necessary.
- Liaise with the Contractor QC Representative to resolve any QC issues and apprise critical issues to Senior QA/QC Engineer and Construction Staff as required.
- Provide support in reviewing project QC documentation produced by Contractors & Vendors such as Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), Method Statement, Work procedures, etc.
- Witnessing of calibration of measuring equipment and verification of calibration/ inspections records of Measuring and Test Equipment, including welding machines, NDT equipment and process performance monitoring equipment.
- Conduct verification at site of Contractors personnel quality qualification certificates,cards etc and ensures personnel are performing certain activities within their qualification ranges. Monitor the performance of Contractor's QC personnel and reports any concerns/findings to the Senior QA/QC Engineer.
- Review quality and safety aspects related to site works including the work permits and those related to the statutory and regulatory approvals/permits such as use of radioactive materials by Contractors and their operating/handling personnel.
- Review and comments on site related quality control documents submitted by Contractors.
- Provide site QC inputs to Senior QA/QC Engineer for daily and Weekly Reports. Participate in site progress QC meetings with Contractors and End-users.
- Under general supervision of Senior QA/QC Engineer take the decisions on the project reIated quaIity issues within the frame work of respective contract documents and QP Standards,in close coordination and concurrence with Project Team.
- Effectively managing project related site QC activities in accordance with QP Policies and Standards.
Ideally you will have a Diploma in Mechanical/Metallurgical/ Industrial/Civil/ E&l/HND or HNC, QA/QC courses AWS, CSWIP (3.2) & NDT PCN/ CSWIP Level II, British Gas (Grade 1 -offshore/ Grade 2-onshore), NACE for painting inspector only.Candidate criteriaMinimum level of education required
Minimum of ten (10) years experience,of which at least five (5) years in the role of Quality Control Inspector involved in Quality Control in projects related to Petrochemicals Industry,Oil & Gas,Civil and Infrastructure projects.
Experience should cover pre-fabrication works and works in installation/construction phases (onshore/ offshore). Experience and knowledge of activities related to discipline inspection.
Should be familiar with QC works undertaken by Contractors/Sub-Contractors/ Vendors/Manufacturers etc. Knowledge on International codes and standards, ISO 9001:2008 requirements is preferable.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
D-Short Cyle Tertiary Education (HND)Minimum level of experience required
10 years or moreLanguages
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Product Quality Assurance
Oil And Gas