You’re talented and adaptable. That’s why you’ll fit in.
As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds. Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. This includes physical products, logistics and technical support, as well as pricing and financing solutions. Job Description
The Specialist – Governance & Operational Risk is responsible for ensuring strict adherence to a well-designed and implemented Marketing Governance Framework, resulting in a well-governed Marketing organisation, where losses due to Operational and Governance failure are avoided.
Marketing Governance Framework – Maintain the Marketing related Governance Framework and support the Marketing business in Governance related matters including support for MRC (Marketing Risk Committee), ICA (In Country Approvals) and Routes to Market and other relevant Risk processes.
- Simplify and combine Marketing DAF (Delegations of Authority), MOA (Manual of Authorities) and ICA (In Country Approval) etc. to ensure that these apply consistently across all Marketing legal entities
Operational Risk – Support the Operational Risk Key Risk Indicators and review adequacy of remediation actions and conducts independent assessment of incidents to ensure adequate actions from an end-to-end perspective have been taken to address root causes and prevent recurrence
- Work with the Commodities Marketing Teams (CMT) and Support teams to identify and monitor Key Risk/ Performance Indicators and produce the Marketing risk heatmap (or equivalent)
- Engage with the CMT and Support teams to facilitate Controls Self-Assessment, update Risk Control Framework and related procedure documents and support in the completion of the Marketing Risk Assessment and update of Marketing Risk Register and assist in the preparation and update of Operational Risk policy/framework/guide documentation
Stakeholder Engagement – Support and collaborate closely with Coordinator – Governance and Operational Risk in managing the process for presenting Risk, Governance and Compliance changes and exposures to the appropriate Marketing legal entities
System Development – support IM team in the design and development of appropriate systems to capture changes or exceptions to Governance and Operational Risk Framework .
What we’re looking for
- Qualifications in relevant field such as Accounting, Economics or Law; with relevant experience in Operational Risk and Governance, or Business Management with focus on commodities
- ACA/ CIMA qualified, preferably Big 4 or from a Legal Background
- Ideally experienced in a trading environment and/ or Commercial/investment banking/ law/ financial services background
- Experience in developing control frameworks in trading environments with excellent understanding of front to back trading process and teams.
- Experience within a complex organisation across different countries and jurisdictions, cultures, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly independent and accountable and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English as a pre-requisite.
- Proven ability to prioritise and work effectively to meet deadlines
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth - from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
- Business Management
- Commodity Market