X-energy is an entrepreneurial Gen IV nuclear power plant and fuel design company that recently signed an award winning $2,500,000,000.00/ 7 year agreement with the US Department of Energy to complete the design, licensing and construction of its compellingly safe and revolutionary design. We are aggressively staffing up with the world's most ambitious and devoted talent who share our vision of providing carbon-free, safe energy to prevent destructive global warming. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for a company intent upon dominating the free market by compelling its selection as the premier nuclear energy power plant of choice around the world for the 21st Century!
The Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Design Engineer will provide Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) Engineering and support for the TRISO-X Facility, a new TRISO coated particle fuel fabrication facility. This position will contribute to the design, procurement, assembly, testing, operation, and maintenance of processing equipment.
- I&C design for process systems (controls, instrumentation, data collection, electro-mechanical, automation & robotics, connectivity).
- Work with system and mechanical engineers, designers, and analysts on development of detailed design.
- Interface with Architectural & Engineering firms, as needed, to support development/implementation of I&C system(s).
- Develop control logic narratives, control logic diagrams, and control logic schematic diagrams.
- Support mechanical engineers in developing process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Develop panel wiring and interconnect cabling diagrams.
- Develop specifications for Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems and components and instrumentation.
- Develop control logic code and implementation on PLCs.
- Author control system hardware descriptions including control requirements, functional specifications, and control system architecture descriptions.
- Develop, create, and implement human machine interface (HMI) screens.
- Author factory acceptance test procedures.
- Ensure productive function of a continuously self-finding and -fixing organization.
- Write procedures for instrument checking, calibration and testing.
- Develop instrument check, calibration, and testing program.
- Participate in system Process Hazards Analysis.
- Bachelors degree or higher in electrical engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Must be willing to work with hazardous materials such as uranium.
- Proven working experience in designing and/or operating an industrial processing facility (e.g. chemical processing plant, oil refinery, manufacturing automation plant).
- Experience in programming PLCs (Allen Bradly, GE Fanuc/Emerson, Siemens, etc.), working with servo motors, robotics arms, and designing controls for pneumatic and motor driven conveyor systems.
- Experience in programming HMI/Supervisory control and data acquisition applications for communications to PLCs and Distributed Control Systems and familiarization with ANSI/ISA99 standards.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity and associated standards NIST(SP) 800-82 and IEC62443.
- Working knowledge of Virtualization Platforms such as VMWare.
- Working knowledge of designing electrical systems in explosive/hazardous environments (fluids and dust) including knowledge of NPFA, IECEx and ATEX Code requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Status: Full-time, Exempt
We are looking to fill this position immediately
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
- Human Machine Interface
- Human Computer Interaction
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Distributed Control Systems