Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
URL blocked - click to applywe are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
The role requires the Civil/Structural Engineer to provide specialist engineering design core skills to support Sellafield Ltd. This will involve the delivery of ‘Structural / Civil Engineering Design packages’ to support Life Time Plans (LTP) that best meets our customer’s needs both now and in the future. The work will typically include small to medium sized design tasks with a ‘quick turn-around’ to support plant / operations and projects. The candidate will be expected to undertake the necessary detailed design and design management tasks as required by the Site Architects/ Plant Facing Design Office.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
HND/HNC/Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering with min 3 yrs post graduate design experience, Incorporated or Chartered Engineer or demonstrable progression towards Chartered Status.
- Ability to demonstrate SQEP against SL Designer role SR0754
- Experience in the production of design calculations (hand and computational structural analysis) to support design packages. Including drainage, steelwork, RC concrete, timber and masonry.
- Experience in the assessment of existing buildings / components covering structural performance issues (including input to Design Assessment Reports / LTPR etc
- The undertaking of civil / structural site surveys including condition / line-level and structural
- Experience in the design and assessment of structures and plant to withstand normal operation loadings using ‘Staad Pro / Tedds / and other industry standard analysis and design software packages
- Experience in peer reviewing temporary work design packages
- Competent and proven structural engineer, capable of producing designs, schemes, drawings, and supporting calculations who is familiar with the roles and application of the CDM regulations.
- Previous experience producing design packages, suitable for manufacture and installation, containing drawings, method statements, risk assessments etc.
- Familiarity and experience of working and complying with applicable SL Practices, standards, and engineering guides.
- Familiarity with safety case principles and capable of providing design substantiation for equipment with designated nuclear safety functions to demonstrate that design solutions can meet the required safety function placed on it to the appropriate level.
- Familiarity or previous design experience with plants on the Sellafield site (Preferred).
Occasional site visit within active area- ability to become monitored worker.
SL IT account holder preferred.
AutoCad, TEDDS and Staad Pro
Installations (Computer Systems)