This role fits into Open Systems International (OSI), a fast-paced, growing, high technology provider of state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide. As a part of Emerson, we seek to continue being a global leader in the Operational Technology field.
As part of an international team, you will design and deliver our world class control systems and provide ongoing support to ensure reliable performance and customer satisfaction. Specific, on-the-job training will be provided.
If you are a tech savvy individual, passionate about improving your skills and using them to obtain strong results in the projects you take part in, we welcome you to join us! Responsibilities
- Design, plan, integrate, test and commission hardware and software requirements on customer systems;
- Provide technical sales support of state-of-the-art power systems applications for real-time control systems, including sales presentations and product demonstrations;
- Define project requirements through customer communication and communicate the requirements to other departments as necessary;
- Provide networking and system/application design;
- Perform hardware, software and system installation, integration and testing for projects;
- Customize system, hardware and network configuration based on customer requirements;
- Provide customer support and assistance per contract maintenance and warranty;
- Assist in creating training materials and project documentation as needed.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering or related field. Masters in the previously mentioned fields is beneficial;
- 3-5 years’ of experience in a similar position, preferably working with public utilities;
- Experience with CAD and software programming;
- An introduction to C programming at minimum. Experience in one or more of the following: power systems, electric utility operations/dispatch, real-time control systems, client/server applications, network communications, UNIX / Linux / Windows operation systems, C is helpful;
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites;
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Computer Control Systems
Installations (Computer Systems)