Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Weatherford is hiring a Service Technician for our Lloydminster facility. This is a hands-on, rewarding role where you will be installing and maintaining of pumping units for the oil and gas industry. The Service Technician will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
This position provides the opportunity of apprenticeship for a Journeyman Ticket.
Benefits start first day of employment
JOB SCOPE: Responsible for safety and accurately installing and maintaining of pumping units as per work instructions and guidance from supervisor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Responsible for the servicing of oilfield equipment including dismantling, repairing, assembling and other duties as assigned by supervisor. Work is outdoors and can be physically demanding and in all types of weather conditions.
- Required travel to well site locations and assists in servicing/troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line of the service department
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision and ability to deal with customers as required relating to servicing of equipment.
- To be willing to work on any of the oilfield equipment.
- Safe operations of Weatherford company vehicles in compliance with:
- Company policy
- External customer requirements
- Government regulations (Department of Transportations’ standards)
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Mechanically inclined
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capability of working overtime
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
- Ability to follow set work instructions both from binder and computer
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
- Successfully completing required safety courses as designated by Weatherford
- Prior Pumping Units experience or oilfield
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Attention to detail
- Being able to work as a part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Successful completion of drug and alcohol testing.
- Previous oil field especially Pump Jack/Rotaflex experience an asset
- Air Brake Endorsement
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Monitoring And Installation Of Braking Systems
- Nuclear Engineering
- Oil And Gas