LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 52242
Why you should join us:
We are looking for three passionate and dedicated IT professionals to support our Syncrude Solutions Delivery portfolio. The successful candidates will provide hands-on support for Syncrude’s applications to ensure continued business capability and functionality. The Applications Development Specialists will be seen as the go-to individuals for integrated application knowledge and will have the opportunity to collaborate with business Subject Matter Experts, Solution Architects/Architecture Owners, IBM Application Support teams and other Tier-2 and Tier-3 vendors. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone seeking to demonstrate their knowledge of Applications, while working with diverse teams and specialists from other areas, of the business, including Outsource teams and business stakeholders.
You will use your expertise to:
- Work in a Product Model Team (Agile, DevOps) to execute Incident, Problem and Change Management, Enhancements and Operational Projects.
- Partner with the Syncrude Operations, and Solution Delivery teams to ensure quality and an effective delivery.
- Deliver subject matter expertise in either Operations & Maintenance, Asset Information Management or Turnaround Planning & Scheduling applications development areas and integration.
- Provide input into the Strategy and Architectural product roadmap.
- Consult with Senior Management on risk management, safeguarding integrated Enterprise Applications operations landscape, development of technical/operations roadmaps in SAP and other development technologies.
- Build internal teams to retain critical technical knowledge or hard-to-find skills in house to reduce long-term operational risk.
- Influence multiple vendors to optimize the overall delivery of technical development.
- Act as the point of escalation and manage the resolution process of critical, high-priority issues in production systems.
- Engage D&IT teams and the business to drive Suncor improvements.
- Attend management meetings to evaluate and consider outsource service delivery outcomes, such as quality and Service Level Agreements and report findings to Suncor management.
- Utilize Outsourced Managed Services contract outcomes and Service Level Agreements within the area of scope.
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
10 years plus related experience with at-least 8 years SAP, Maintenance and Reliability, Turnaround Planning/Scheduling applications (Primavera) , Safety and Location Services solutions (MobileView and Prime). Asset Information Management (TDocs, Bentley and Open Text Products),
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Computer Science/Engineering and/or Business Management
- At least 5 years of strong background in SAP NetWeaver Products ECC, BW, HANA
- Experience in at least 2 areas of technology as the specialist will be responsible for multiple applications and associated Software
- Alignment with our [ Link removed ] : safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Experienced with Outsource relationships on either side of the relationship
- Oil and Gas Business Knowledge
- Strong people management, communication and decision-making abilities
- Ability to Organize and lead efforts
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click [ Link removed ] . #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a [ Link removed ] that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on [ Link removed ] mean tremendous potential for the future. [ Link removed ]
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Service Level Agreement