Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team. This position will be based out of our office in Southfield, MI, Marshall, MI or Galesburg, MI.
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful execution of NPD Projects. Duties include leading the Integrated Product Team(s) to drive product development / launch, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, and life of program financial performance. Role manages customer programs, contracts, and business relationships for the product line.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Manage the Profit & Loss of NPD project(s). Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability (RAA) for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Execute IPT leadership across the project(s). Seek team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Provides feedback on performance indicators.
- Establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope, and risk assessment.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communicate and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating Program Reviews (P-Reviews), preparing and publishing PM metrics (Overall Health, Focus 5, ProPM), and conducting Decision Gate Committee (DGC) meetings.
- Maintain metrics for project for financial performance, quality, technical performance and delivery through all phases of PROLaunch.
- Coordinate all risks and requirements of the project. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all project activities and deliverables and measuring all elements to ensure requirements & goals are achieved.
- Manage customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies with Sales. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- Provide periodic project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provide updates to the business units as well as divisional levels.
- Play a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Provide overall Project interface with the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5years of experience in Program Management; or a combination of Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Program Management, and/or Product Development Management is required
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Marshall, MI, Southfield, MI or Galesburg, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Proven leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally
- Demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes, and tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written, with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer(s)
- Experience in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
- Experience managing projects with: 1) components / subsystems scope of responsibility, 2) low to moderate customer business risk, 3) Low to moderate budgets / NRE, and 4) incremental Revenue growth program value
- Must be capable of leading effectively in diverse cultural situations with our global customers and team members.
- Must be capable of initiating and providing recommendations for Business Unit review and approval that will achieve desired customer outcomes.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH AUTO Automotive Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time