You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Reporting to the Senior Design Manager, the Substructures Design Engineer will be leading activities associated with the design of the substructures for the wind turbine generators and offshore substation platforms at Caledonia Offshore Wind Farm. The successful applicant shall ensure that appropriate technical input is provided and engineering work is delivered as required from the development through to Final Investment Decision (FID).
The Substructures Design Engineer is responsible for ensuring delivery of the engineering design basis. They will ensure that the project is appropriately engaged with key external stakeholders. All this with the aim to develop a reliable technical solution, optimising levelized cost of energy (LCoE) and quality while minimising health, safety and environmental risk.
- Support the management of allocated design workstreams from instigation through to completion
- Overall accountability for the delivery of the substructure design associated with the development of an offshore wind project including: engineering design basis for the substructure components, manufacturing, T&I and commissioning.
- Responsible for the preparation, elaboration and provision of all the specifications and technical documentation to allow the project engagement and to evaluate the suppliers, with the intention of guaranteeing the correct application, bidding, construction and operation, ensuring that the determining factors established by the permitting, environmental and other local requirements are met.
- Responsible for supervising the preparation of request for proposals (RFPs), assessing offers and monitoring contractors for engineering studies and for EPCI contracts.
- Support offshore development and consenting process by providing input on relevant engineering and technical matters such as anticipated design parameters and construction methods associated with the substructures package.
- Working alongside the procurement team, engage with the industry supply chain to prepare / supervise tender processes for detailed engineering design during pre-FEED / FEED stages of the project, and manufacturing and installation during the pre-construction / construction stages. This may include the preparation of:
- Technical specifications
- Testing and commissioning plans
- Technical assessment of tender proposals
- Translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX.
- Manage contracts related to the design of the substructure components.
- Ensure the appropriate engineering governance is put in place and managed, including development of technical risk registers, design safety risk registers and implementation of design management processes.
- Monitor offshore substructures technology development and ensure that this is considered in the development of project, including identifying optimisation and cost reduction opportunities.
- Report progress on engineering and technical work during the project development phase.
- Provide specialist engineering support and/or coordination to other work packages where requested.
- Ensure that lessons learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project.
- Support technical due diligence processes.
Degree qualified in civil / mechanical / structural / naval engineering or equivalent is required.
The project has an international team of employees and the working language is English. Candidates need to be fluent in English both spoken and written. Proficiency in other languages will be valued.
Minimum of two years professional experience is required. Demonstrable experience in a similar engineering role and experience in the design, installation and/or commissioning of fixed/floating substructures is desirable.
- Knowledge of offshore structures design/study/analysis processes and techniques is essential.
- Direct experience of substructure design, manufacture and/or installation is essential.
- Empirical knowledge from direct experience in offshore wind farm substructures project engineering/package management is preferred.
- Specific knowledge of associated standards and industry best practice as well as a strong appreciation for health and safety regulations.
- Proactive approach to optimisations and improvements.
- A pro-active approach to project and contract management in order to identify risks and opportunities early and initiate appropriate actions.
- Proven experience within a group support function within international environment.
- Familiar with advanced specialist engineering software.
- Engineering skills in large projects.
- Aptitude to problem solving.
- Results oriented with strong ability to deliver on plans.
- Dynamic, team-oriented person, who thrives on a variety of challenges and always willing to learn.
- Good experience in working in complex environments and different cultural environments.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic, networking and influencing skills.
- Excellent team player, strong negotiator and credibility builder inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to quickly understand and implement new areas of technical knowledge.
- IT literate.
- Contract Management
- Engineering Design Process
Job ID: OG236578