SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Responsible for the planning and oversight of CAL/OSHA's VPP Certification Process at various SDG&E locations. The position will develop, document, and track tasks which ensure the certification process is completed in a timely manner and within the established budget. Plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed of status and progress thought-out the certification process.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Planning - Determine and define project scope and objectives. Develop and manage a detailed documented project schedule and work plan. Coordinate stakeholder meetings and assign and track tasks.
* Project Oversight - Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed. Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement. Manage consultants as needed to support project. Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
* Reporting - Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress. 5
* Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements. Track project costs.
* Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
* Bachelor's Degree in occupational safety and health, business, or a related field or equivalent experience required. Required
* 6 years - project management and related experience. Required
* Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle and complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
Skills and Abilities
* Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
* Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize under strict time constraints.
* Ability to build and foster cross departmental relationships to enhance collaboration.
Licenses and Certifications
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Financial Management
- Interpersonal Skills