SUMMARY OF ROLE
• Project Leadership
• Overall responsibility for projects from quotation to delivery
• Coordinate and own several large, highly complex Tier 3 projects, and multi-national projects
• Effectively lead a comprehensive project team covering: quotation, order entry, order engineering, supply chain, and plant project team. Provide input on project performance.
• During quotation accountable for the lead-time, T&C and documentation.
• Responsible for coordinating between all subject matter experts involved in the project
ESSENTIAL or FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
– Planning and Execution:
• Develop and own the Project Plan that includes schedules, milestones, procurement strategy, execution strategy, financial targets, resources, communications, and considerations of risks.
• Coordinate manufacturing sites by considering material costs, project site location and best cost country capabilities through effective planning scheduling and management.
• Managing critical path and managing execution risk
• Managing cross-functional project teams
• Responsible for the EDDI to ensure realistic lead times and standard document tiers are quoted
– Relationship Management: Requirements internally and externally, giving clear direction and requirements.
• Lead internal and external communication meetings to ensure alignment. Lead the customer post award meeting when the order is committed to the company. Lead the Internal Kick-Off meeting to resolve all open issues and provide clarity on the execution plan. Coordinate the inspection meetings
• Ensure alignment with the customer on the Commitment Date and the customer PO Dates including milestone dates for drawing and procedure submittals, drawing and procedures approvals, equipment inspection notifications, and “Ready for Inspection” dates.
• Interface and continuously communicate with the Customer, Contractor and LBP throughout the life of the project to provide updates, milestones, and progress.
– Negotiation: influencing/ negotiation internally externally:
• Negotiate the initial scope of the project, change order, progress payments, terms and condition and all additions or expectations to the project with the customer, local business partner/sales office, and industry sales representatives
– Financial Performance
• Responsible for the improved financial performance of the project (margin uplift)
• Effectively manage change orders for an improved financial performance of the project