By joining us as a Sustaining Engineer, you will be part of the growing European Power Electronics Team located in Cluj. We are developing Drives (Frequency Converters) as part of our compression technology for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration industry
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
In this role you will:
- Supporting the transition of new drive products from the design and development phase into mass production
- Once this is done you are the person who is supporting our quality, supply chain and solution sales department during the live cycle till the product goes end of live
- Providing trainings and 2nd level support for internal departments like application engineering and solution sales
- Handling End-of-Live component projects internally and externally with our EMS suppliers
- Managing new feature requests, bug fixes and product improvements of our innovative drive products
For this role you will need:
- BSc/MSc degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or similar education
- Experienced in sustaining of electronic products during their life cycle
- Familiar with the design of electronic products and their manufacturing process
- Be a good team player with strong self-management skills
- Willingness to travel paired with good English language skills both written and verbal
WHO YOU ARE:
Are you passionate about electronics? You continuously push to deliver the best solutions? You are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems, then this is the perfect place for you!
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Sustaining Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the chance to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.