Are you a person that loves solving complex problems? Are you looking for a career that allows you to gain experience and expand your skills in many different software technologies? Emerson is looking for an experienced software engineer to work with our customer support teams to improve the reliability and robustness of our DeltaV process control system products by solving their most challenging software problems.
You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas of the DeltaV process control system, from Windows-based applications to embedded firmware, in C/C , .NET Technologies, TCP and UDP networking, and large-scale real-time software architectures.
A strong candidate for this position will have excellent investigation skills, outstanding problem-solving abilities, experience in computer networking and communications, and be able to quickly learn new software domains and technologies. The candidate will interface and coordinate across multiples teams and worldwide locations so good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues with released software products
- Investigate and propose technology-driven product improvements
- Perform code reviews and unit and integration testing
- Identify and report suggestions for improvements to product development teams
- Design and implement customer-requested product enhancements
- Continuously learn new technologies, skills and tools needed for process improvements spanning multiple product domains
- Work in an Agile, cross-functional development environment
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field 4 years related experience; OR MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field 3 years related experience, including developing software as part of complex systems
- Proficient in troubleshooting and debugging commercial software
- Proficient with data structures and algorithm analysis
- Strong understanding of computer networking and communications (TCP and UDP networking)
- Well versed in C or C# as well as Object Oriented development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with:
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server
- Embedded Firmware Development
- Real-time Operating Systems
- .NET Technologies (WCF, WPF, C#)
- Agile development methods
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- .Net Framework
- Computer Engineering
- Data Structures
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C (Programming Language)