Strata Solar is a national leading developer of commercial and utility-scale solar farms ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We´re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We hope you´ll join us. Overview
Summary: The Mechanical Foreman leads a three to twelve-person team responsible for the installation of solar PV systems. The Construction foreman is responsible for a safe, high quality installation that meets the design specifications. Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply the highest level of workmanship to all elements of the job: instructing crew members of the job requirements and ensuring a quality installation.
- Adhere and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the site job schedule.
- Ensure that power tools and equipment are used properly with care.
- Maintain inventory of pertinent tools, equipment, system components, and hardware.
- Keep work areas, company vehicles, and warehouse space clean and organized.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial construction supervision experience.
- Solar installation experience required.
- Experience in one or more trades (e.g., carpentry, roofing, plumbing, electrical).
- OSHA 10 certification
- NABCEO Entry Level Certification preferred.
- NABCEP PV Certification preferred.
- Must be able to read construction drawings and diagrams and develop a working plan for implementation of design.
- Must be able to lead and instruct crew members in a clear and concise way.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DC electrical
- Basic math skills and reading comprehension.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Work is performed both in an office and field environment.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist and lift up to 50 pounds.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Architectural Drawing
- Photovoltaics (Pv)