Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020 Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure: Under the direction of your supervisor, you will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and general servicing of HVAC control systems (including detailed troubleshooting). You will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, onsite customer interaction. You will also be responsible for completing required project and service documentation. Responsibilities:
• Diagnose and repair routine electronic control system malfunctions.
• Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
• Communicate with customers upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
• Meet regularly with customers to become familiar with operating problems.
• Keep customers informed of the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommended system enhancements, upgrades, and/or repairs.
• Promote the sale of add-on work.
• Manage assigned work to meet professional execution, time, and customer satisfaction standards.
• Report problems or changes to management immediately.
• May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations.
• Deliver manuals and documentation to customers for training. Support the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
• Compile job documentation, such as certificates of completion, customer training forms, training certificates, and punch lists. Qualifications:
• High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
• Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 1+ years preferred
• Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
• Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
• Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
• Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States Benefits:
• Competitive salary based on qualifications
• Health, dental, and vision plans with options
• Matching 401(k)
• Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Company cell phone and laptop
• Extensive product training and professional career development
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
• Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities. *LI-WFH Organization: Smart Infrastructure Company: Siemens Industry, Inc. Experience Level: Mid-level Professional Job Type: Full-time Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here. Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here. California Privacy Notice California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Complex Problem Solving