AREA PACKAGE MANAGER (Shaft, Hoisting and Equipping)
• Based in Perth WA
• ASX 50 Global Energy Leader
• Long term career opportunity
You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
We are looking for an Area Package Manager with Shaft, Hoisting and Equipping experience to join the project team on Newmont’s Tanami TE2 expansion project in the Northern Territory. Reporting into the Project Delivery Manager, your responsibilities will include;
• Coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure the assigned project packages are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
• Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with the Client, the Engineer to ensure that the projects’ expectations are met.
• Ensure the assigned packages conform to the relevant approved Basis of Design (BoD) and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
• Promote Safety in Design, in accordance with Newmont’s project requirements.
• Actively support the Worley One-Way program and proactively promote a proactive HSE focus within the team.
• Demonstrate proactive behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
• Assist in the development of implementation strategies, standards and processes.
• Establish, maintain and build healthy relationships, within the team and Contractors
• Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the team as they arise.
• Identify, document, communicate and meet the project’s requirements wrt attending project briefings and meetings and communicating the outcomes to the wider team as required.
• Effectively manage assigned budgets within Worley’s total Scope of Work Budget Estimate
• Ensure compliance to the requirements of the Contracts.
• Apply the internal Worley Management of Change process.
• Contribute to the development of overall project schedule, for your respective packages.
• Supervise work in accordance with the approved schedule
• Monitor cost aspects of the project within your direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
• Ensure compliance with Worley’s policies and procedures.
• Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
• Attend the relevant Risk Assessment workshops required for your respective packages, and provide input, as applicable.
• Monitor the closure of all identified risks and opportunities, as assigned.
• Set clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and maintaining budget targets.
• Specific Technical and mining Industry experience, in down hole shafts development, including Hoisting and general equipping, both locally or internationally
• Substantial technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in project engineering on medium sized projects, with associated commercial and contractual experience.
• A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
• Eligibility for membership in the Australian Institute of Engineers.
Benefits to you
• A supportive work environment where innovation is inspired, and new ideas are encouraged;
• The opportunity and support to develop your career globally;
• Continuous learning with hands- on onsite experience;
• A competitive remuneration package plus additional employee benefits;
• A global company commitment to all things related to health, safety and the environment
Worley recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace; hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel. On this basis we will consider all types of engagements models. We also offer, the ability to purchase up to 8 weeks leave, compressed work weeks, flexible hours, working from home and accrued flex days, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered. To be considered you will need to apply directly to Worley.
Make a real difference - witness the results - be a part of the Worley journey today!