Local Unit & Position Description
Become part of a highly motivated team at our local unit in Dresden. As a certification body for renewable energy systems, we are one of the last links in the chain for the commissioning of renewable generation plants. Help us to create a greener future together with our customers, manufacturers and grid operators. Every certificate issued is another renewable generation plant on the public grid.
As an engineer, you are responsible for the detailed technical evaluation of our projects. Using simulation environments such as DIgSILENT-Powerfactory, you will map and evaluate our customers' plants. Your results will be compared with the requirements of the applicable guidelines. The result is the plant certificate and will be issued to our customers. In the following step, the theory must be checked against the reality within the framework of the declaration of conformity. Here, too, you can contribute and support with your experience and ideas.
Your main tasks and responsibilites
- Responsibility for the technical process of electrical grid code compliance in accordance with (inter)national specifications and standards
- Software-supported modelling and examination (including DIgSILENT PowerFactory, MathWorks MATLAB or similar)
- technical and professional analysis, independent assessment and evaluation of test results on electrical components, generation units and plants, certification to prove grid code compliance
- Tasks in the area of (further) development of technical guidelines and approaches, automated/digital solutions, support of tests and measurements, customer care, project management as well as development of new services
- University Degree in engineering with focus on electrical engineering or similar education
- Several years of professional experience with certification of renewables power-plants and electrical networks
- Expertise in the field of national and international network approval regulations
- Profound knowledge of MS Office, ideally in DIgSILENT PowerFactory and MathWorks MATLAB
- Very good German and good English skills
- Ability to work in a team and flexibility
- High operational readiness and reliability
Company & Business Area Description
- Working in a dynamic team with a varied and challenging field of duties
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields
- Flexible place of work (in the office, from home and in the facilities of our clients)
- Flexible working hours, the weekly working time is 39 hours
- Attractive salary incl. profit share and an employer-supported pension
- Further attractive additional services
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training and advancement
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Customer Service
- Electric Power Distribution
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Manufacturing