UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
Ensure compliance with federal and state pipeline safety regulations by reviewing procedures, plans, and processes and their implementation. Identify local best practices that be shared, along with identifying deficiencies that need to be corrected. Continuously update and streamline the UGI Gas Operation Manual (GOM), Emergency Plan (EP), Design Manual (DM), Welding Manual (WM) and Public Awareness Plan as a result of regulatory changes, feedback from field personnel, or changes in internal processes. Assist the Director of Engineering & Technical Services and the Corrosion Control department with Transmission Integrity Management Planning (TIMP). Communicate with state pipeline safety inspectors and work to resolve noncompliance issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and coordinate with PUC/PSC Inspectors by participating in major inspections, provide support for scheduled PUC/PSC inspections with area supervisors and engineers, draft responses to NC letters, and track response actions to ensure compliance. Coordinate the response to PUC/PSC data requests with other departments as necessary.
- Supervise the implementation of plans that may arise as a result of PUC recommendations, Internal self-audits, or requests from local offices.
- Support Transmission Integrity Management Program (TIMP) by assisting in assessment (e.g. ILI and pressure testing), ensuring HCA data and risk models are maintained, and annual reports are submitted.
- Direct standards engineers and technicians to comply with regulatory inspections, standards revisions, and annual regulatory data requests and submissions as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested which may include providing support during incidents and compiling incident reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Familiarity with natural gas industry.
- Knowledgeable in, or demonstrated ability to learn: UGI Standards and procedures; PUC/PSC regulations (PA and MD), applicable Federal codes.
- Adaptability and flexibility to constantly changing conditions.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and computer skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the natural gas industry.
- Engineer in Training preferred but not required.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.