You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Engineer, Production Technologist
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Senior Engineer, Production Technologist to work within their facilities located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The Senior Engineer, Production Technologist performs well related and production technology studies for High Pressure and High Temperature (HPHT) field development and Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) evaluation. Coordinates work and studies between well, drilling team with subsurface, engineering and facilities, including coaching for young staff.
- The jobholder performs well flow studies, flow assurance, review and supervise all related well/production technologies related studies, including reservoir monitoring, decision making for drilling and well intervention operations, data surveillance programme (including MMV plan for CCS), digital field, production performance analysis and optimization with corrective actions and full field development plan for existing development and exploration area.
- The jobholder can also conduct well simulation studies or other production technolgy studies related to producers and injectors. In addition, the jobholder prepares and assist in the short/long term production forecast for hydrocarbon and CO2 injection.
- Supervise/perform well engineering studies and production technology studies for both HPHT field development and CCS.
- Supervise or specify solutions for perforation program, well treatment, reservoir management plan and monitoring program including decision making for drilling and well operations.
- Identify necessary data acquisition to monitor reservoir and well performance, analyse problems, propose solutions and coordinate with concerned parties to execute relevant activities such as well intervention or workover.
- Ensure effective planning and operation of well testing and data interpretation to evaluate well performance and reservoir characteristics.
- Supervise core and fluid analysis to be carried out in accordance with well specified procedures as well as ensure the validity and the consistency of the results.
- Supervise / evaluate short/long term well performance and compare with prediction.
- Initial/supervise/conduct studies to support well management work and formulate field development plan.
- Initial/supervise/conduct well simulation studies (if necessary) by incorporating the actual pressure and production data for better prediction of well performance, reserves estimation, and identification of further development needs in terms of well-related work program and well targeting and development of production strategies.
- Initial, develop, evaluate and integrate surface and subsurface part of field development concepts by taking into account the range of uncertainties and appropriate economics to formulate optimum field development plan and work programs including economic evaluation for a project.
- Generate medium- and long-term production forecast and establish field development portfolio.
- Evaluate and develop Monitoring, Measurement and Verification (MMV) Plan for CCS.
- Evaluate enhanced recovery technologies and practices for the pilot and full field implementation.
- Supervise well completion designs for production optimization and propose remediation plans for idle wells.
- Supervise junior engineer to analyze production data from existing facilities and determine the production allocation of oil and gas, for reservoir management, regulatory, modelling/simulation and forecasting purposes.
- Effectively coordinate with geology, geophysics, production operations, well services and drilling by integrating their requirements in the well programming, formation evaluation and well completion.
- Plan development programs for junior engineers and monitor their competency development.
- Ensure production and relevant production technology database is systematically set up and maintained with verification.
- Evaluate and develop plans for Digital Field.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Petroleum/Production Technologist or equivalent
- 10-15-year experience of Petroleum Engineering in E&P industry with operational knowledge in drilling, logging, well testing, well completion, data acquisition / interpretation and good understanding of Geology and Geophysics aspects
- Skill and knowledge in computer and reservoir engineering software
- Experience in managing team, coaching junior staff and leading multi-disciplinary team
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Collection
- Decision Making
Job ID: 1180766